1/6 scale Hunger Games from Star Ace Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish they would have re-did the Selene sculpt. Its odd that they have taken such a dip, some of their Harry Potter figures look great.

Holy ****, they actually released this? Even after they removed all traces of it from their facebook? It looks like a poor bootleg figure.

I don't think it's as bad as the Eva Green from the front, but it's not good, either. That missing hair and brown paint above the neck is absolutely atrocious for the kind of prices they're charging.

I have to say the Barbie dolls from Catching Fire and Mockingjay look better to me overall, and I wouldn't replace them with this if I owned them.

I don't understand how Star Ace can drop the ball so hard after providing excellent sculpts for teen Harry and Gambon Dumbledore.

I find it weird how sample pics of the Katniss was shown and then taken down right away. Months go by without a word from Star Ace and all of a sudden the figure is out. And Marilyn Monroe is nowhere to be seen.:slap

I urge you guys to check out the video review that was posted earlier. If you're short on time at least skip forward to the 4:00 mark...WFT is that? No excuse!

I'm gonna guess that's the part with the ****ed up hair line... Agreed 100% no excuse for that at this price range.

This ebay cheapo looks better than what SA conjured up.

$_3.JPG

I'm gonna guess that's the part with the ****ed up hair line... Agreed 100% no excuse for that at this price range.

Yeah the back lower part of her head is painted brown. The braid they did looks fabulous but once you go further down its an abomination.

My God and to think they made that Hermione figure! They really should be begging KA Kim to make their sculpts for all of their female figures.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hey guys here is my Review of Katniss! Both Versions are available! German and English :D Enjoy

Very informative review, thanks for posting!

I personally don't like the Hunger Games at all but wanted to see how this turned out, pretty terrible way they did the hair line.
And for the price, a high end figure with a bow should always come with a second bow sculpted in a loaded pre-tensioned state so you can pose the character about ready to fire an arrow and leave it there so you don't have to worry about the string slacking, plastic bow breaking, or the arrow accidentally firing. Why manufacturers still make 1/6 figures with bows like they're real working things is beyond me.

Just got this one today and ive got to say that I'm really not impressed.

I was actually ok with the prototype sculpt shown awhile back and was hopeful that with these delays Star Ace would actually improve it if anything. But somehow its a huge step down from what was shown. Beyond the likeness issues that were already talked about, the paint aps are a joke and calling this on the level with a Barbie is definitely not an exaggeration.

Also I don't know how I missed this even in the prototype reveal, but she doesn't come with a hand to properly grip the bow (which IMO is inexcusable) so the thing just kind of precariously balances in her mostly open hand. In addition, the bow itself is way too large compared to the slim one from the movie, and she looks weird holding it.

Such a shame that even a mainstream popular character like this couldn't get a good release. And at this price point it is impossible to defend. Honestly this is the first time I felt embarrassed to buy a figure and open it in front of my family.

Pretty inexcusable to release a product like that as a high end figure! You look at what Hot Toys is producing and then look at this release from Star Ace. How do they have the audacity to even have it at a similar price point?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was actually ok with the prototype sculpt shown awhile back and was hopeful that with these delays Star Ace would actually improve it if anything. But somehow its a huge step down from what was shown. Beyond the likeness issues that were already talked about, the paint aps are a joke and calling this on the level with a Barbie is definitely not an exaggeration.

Also I don't know how I missed this even in the prototype reveal, but she doesn't come with a hand to properly grip the bow (which IMO is inexcusable) so the thing just kind of precariously balances in her mostly open hand. In addition, the bow itself is way too large compared to the slim one from the movie, and she looks weird holding it.

Such a shame that even a mainstream popular character like this couldn't get a good release. And at this price point it is impossible to defend. Honestly this is the first time I felt embarrassed to buy a figure and open it in front of my family.

It's a shame. We are all crying out for a decent Katniss figure. This will warm shelves and maybe in future, Star Ace will realise they can't make something like this and fob customers off with it.
As for the bow holding hand, do you have pics of it?

Did yours have the cheesy brown painted part at the bottom of the back of her head?

Back