1/6 scale Hunger Games from Star Ace Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It feels like the wig is too small/thin--which makes the top of her head look too big--and her body is too skinny in proportion to her head, throwing off the likeness even more. But if you cut out just the face, I can still see Jennifer Lawrence from some angles. A body swap may help a lot in this case. And just like Asmus Toys's Thranduil, futzing the hair to properly frame her face can do wonders.

And this may be yet another case of how Star Ace figures don't photograph well. (Except for young Hermione.)

Isn't this the same figure with different clothes?

No, there was always 2 versions of her. Everyone hated the sculpt, because of backlash they repainted it to try and salvage it but it still looked crappy, and now they've left it as is.

I love JL, and if it turns out way better than these pics, I'll probably buy it. I don't have much faith at this point though.

Has Dave chimed in lately? He didn't comment when there was backlash over Selene, how about over Katniss?

All photos deleted at request of Star Ace. Licensee approval still pending.

does this happen typically?

Most of the same photos are still posted on BBTS's preorder page.

Hope this means Star Ace will improve the sculpt. But if they are still sticking with a Q2 2017 release, that does not leave much time before they ship.

Wow, yeah, no trace of her on their FB page anymore. Hopefully it means they'll revise the sculpt. I'm fine with a delay as long as they fix it.

Poof! Keyser Söze.

Poof kiss - Kaiser Soze.jpg

All photos deleted at request of Star Ace. Licensee approval still pending.

1st it was announced as a pre-order in many major retail shops with price, photos, release schedule and all the bells & whistles.
Now it is still pending for approval?
We are not idiots.
Star Ace should just announce that from the negative feedback on the hs (justified) from customers,
the figure's release was postponed in order to improve it.

I see a lot of bad movements from Star Ace lately (Selene, Leonidas, Marilyn) now this.
Deleting photos and posts is not going to change our opinions, just strengthen them more.

1st it was announced as a pre-order in many major retail shops with price, photos, release schedule and all the bells & whistles.
Now it is still pending for approval?
We are not idiots.
Star Ace should just announce that from the negative feedback on the hs (justified) from customers,
the figure's release was postponed in order to improve it.

I see a lot of bad movements from Star Ace lately (Selene, Leonidas, Marilyn) now this.
Deleting photos and posts is not going to change our opinions, just strengthen them more.

They should license-unapprove their Monroe figure(s), right?

:lol :goodpost:

Whoever is head of Star Ace needs to be fired. Second time this has happened, they look like amateurs!

Back