1/6 scale Hunger Games from Star Ace Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it just me or does the unlicensed Play Toy version of Katniss bear a more accurate resemblance to JLaw (than this licensed one from StarAce)?

this is disappointing considering the good work coming from Starace for Hermione and Selena. I guess it depends on which sculptor they get to work on the figure.

Ya that looks nothing like Jennifer Lawrence. Ya I looked at that Play Toy one and damn it looks more like her this this one.

If enough people complain about the sculpt then there's a chance Star Ace will change it. They did it for Quidditch Harry and Malfoy, as well as Hagrid.

I definitely see a hint of JLaw in the sculpt, but not as much as there should be for an officially licensed figure. And I agree about the body being way too thin and lanky.

I have spent literally months working on her digitally for films... this does not look like her. The straight on definitely does NOT look like her. Her eyes are not set correctly in spatial distance from each other or her other features and her eyebrows are very wrong. She also has a number of distinct moles which I will admit were toned down for this series of films but she has none of her characteristic features.

As far as her body goes, she is not large by any means, the body on this with the clothing and armor does not look horrible but it does look like they are just reusing a body (teenage Hermoine?).

I think the hair looks great. Nicely styled rooted hair, a MILLION times better than Selene. The hair is not what is throwing off the likeness, it is most definitely an inaccurate sculpt.

I have spent literally months working on her digitally for films... this does not look like her. The straight on definitely does NOT look like her. Her eyes are not set correctly in spatial distance from each other or her other features and her eyebrows are very wrong. She also has a number of distinct moles which I will admit were toned down for this series of films but she has none of her characteristic features.

As far as her body goes, she is not large by any means, the body on this with the clothing and armor does not look horrible but it does look like they are just reusing a body (teenage Hermoine?).

I think the hair looks great. Nicely styled rooted hair, a MILLION times better than Selene. The hair is not what is throwing off the likeness, it is most definitely an inaccurate sculpt.

the body is awful for her and bugs me even more than the HS- if the HS was 50% her and body 90% her I'd buy it- but unlikely they will get the body done right- HS has a chance to get alot better

What a let down. I saw her come up on the email update and the face just looked totally wrong. It looks like a bad knockoff being sold for official price. However, even if the HS was 90-100%, $240 is still a lot.

the body is awful for her and bugs me even more than the HS- if the HS was 50% her and body 90% her I'd buy it- but unlikely they will get the body done right- HS has a chance to get alot better

How will they improve the HS in time? It's supposed to release April-May of this year. They'd have to delay it.

Back