1/6 ROTS Palpatine / Sidious Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Palpatine Image Thread

Sure, I used the lasso tool to draw each bit of lightning, but not just outlining the lightning, just go along with the lasso tool as if the lines you are making is the lightning rather than what is inside them, then I use Stroke which will make a line following the selection lines. Then I use the regular lightsaber techniques to make different sized and colored glows using Levels and Gaussian blur from time to time to change color or the intensity and width of the lightning. I also use Levels to make some horizontal lens flares/blurs, by fooling with the top three Levels values you move the far left one until it gets rid of all the points until only the brightest remain and then move the right one to make them brighter, then use a motion blur to blur it horizontally and then just use normal lightsaber glow techniques to color it and adjust it to your liking.

Just always remember to have a free copy of the original layer with the regular white lightning so that you can add new glows or go back if you need to.

Alternately, if you happen to have Adobe After Effects, there's a lightning effect that can be used in there:
https://www.geocities.com/pixelmagic2002/forcelightningtutorial.html

Here's a quick lightning test with a picture from earlier:

lightningtestwy0.jpg

A little too flashy I think.

No way dude! That's the best one I've seen! It's because of the flash that it looks real; it has the burning flash and energy that makes it look so lethal and excruciatingly painful. Great job! Electicity should be bright and should have the burning light of a welder's spark. Yours looks great!

Sure, I used the lasso tool to draw each bit of lightning, but not just outlining the lightning, just go along with the lasso tool as if the lines you are making is the lightning rather than what is inside them, then I use Stroke which will make a line following the selection lines. Then I use the regular lightsaber techniques to make different sized and colored glows using Levels and Gaussian blur from time to time to change color or the intensity and width of the lightning. I also use Levels to make some horizontal lens flares/blurs, by fooling with the top three Levels values you move the far left one until it gets rid of all the points until only the brightest remain and then move the right one to make them brighter, then use a motion blur to blur it horizontally and then just use normal lightsaber glow techniques to color it and adjust it to your liking.

Just always remember to have a free copy of the original layer with the regular white lightning so that you can add new glows or go back if you need to.

Alternately, if you happen to have Adobe After Effects, there's a lightning effect that can be used in there:
https://www.geocities.com/pixelmagic2002/forcelightningtutorial.html

Thanks, figures that's like the 1 Adobe product I don't have lol.

One thing i'm noticing in pics is that sidious's clasp doesn't stay straight it goes to the side.

It's just connected to that side so it's hard to get it to stay in the right place. It's connected with velcro on the inside (some kind of microfiber velcro).

I just recieved Palps and Sids today and all I can say is WOW! They are truly amazing in terms of paint, sculpt and outfits. My only complaint is the loose arms and the wire in the collar on Sidious (which I plan to take out, it just bothers me way to much). The only other downside is the antenna on the droid cam, I took it out of the package, set to down then when I went to pick it up one half of the atenna fell off! :crying
Other than that these are great figures who look awesome. Also is anyone else missing the stand to the droid cam? I have searched both packages and can't find it at all. Not that it's a big deal I don't plan to display it anyway, but just curious if this has been a problem for anyone else?

i got home today at precisely 2 pm and there was a ticket on the door saying fed ex was here at 1:57pm. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
damnit. tomorrow will probably be the same story. am i allowed to sign this ticket or do i have to sign in person?

i got home today at precisely 2 pm and there was a ticket on the door saying fed ex was here at 1:57pm. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
damnit. tomorrow will probably be the same story. am i allowed to sign this ticket or do i have to sign in person?

It should say on the ticket whether you can or can't, when I had a package that I couldn't sign the slip, it was checked off somewhere stating specifically I couldn't.

It should say on the ticket whether you can or can't, when I had a package that I couldn't sign the slip, it was checked off somewhere stating specifically I couldn't.
nothing was checked off except "first attempt". so im signing it and hanging it out tomorrow. i hope that works cuz i dont know where they'll hold the package at. i dont know where the nearest fed ex facility is. it sure isnt in this dinky town.

My experience was the inverse--- I didn't think they'd deliver it today as it hadn't gone on the truck until 11:47am and the Fed-Ex facility is over an hour away. If it doesn't get to that town by 8am usually it doesn't get out all this way but regardless I had some down time so I came home for roughly an hour at 1:45pm... Barely had time to kick my shoes off before the doorbell rang.:D

I have to say that with Leia, Obi, and now the dynamic duo (Palps and Sid) SIDESHOW have cranked out some real winners and they're definitely on a roll. Can't wait to have the next release in hand and/or to see the next pre-order. Toy Fair can't come soon enough!!!

Well, I finally got my exclusive from Sideshow, and I'm pretty disappointed with the quality of Palpatine's head. He has a paint chip out of his upper lip, the paint for his hair line is very sloppy, and he has a strange horizontal line on the back of his head, which is distinct from the mold line, which is also very obvious. I haven't read this entire thread, but is this line normal?

palp1.jpg

palp2.jpg

palp3.jpg

palp4.jpg

Looks like your Palps got the herpes :lol

But in answer to your question, that does not look to be the norm. See about getting a replacement.

I don't know what causes it, but it seems these 2 have been victim to sporatic instances of "scarring" on the head sculpts. Very strange since it's not present on every figure nor is it the same on the figures that have it.

Well, I finally got my exclusive from Sideshow, and I'm pretty disappointed with the quality of Palpatine's head....

palp2.jpg

Ah, the honeymoon is over...
2262794353_071c9fa681_o.jpg

As you can see jcruise, the hairline on mine is pretty sloppy on that side too, but I'm not thrilled about the prospect of sending the whole set back when the rest of it is ok. Thankfully I don't have as many issues with the head as you do like those mystery lines or chips, although I do have some big shiny spots on both sides of the head that for picture taking, I just tones down in PS.

I love this set...but if I really did want to get a better painted Palp head, would I have to send back the whole set?

Regular readers here know I'm one of those SS cheerleaders, always trying to find the bright side of these figures and downplay the negative...but I gotta say it....I wish their QC efforts were a little more pronounced once production starts...the edition numbers on these are not so high that a better effort couldn't be given here. I would gladly endure longer waits for figures if I knew a large part of that was a very intense QC process...

Instead, it's a real crapshot for quality...sometimes we win, sometimes...not.

As you can see jcruise, the hairline on mine is pretty sloppy on that side too, but I'm not thrilled about the prospect of sending the whole set back when the rest of it is ok. Thankfully I don't have as many issues with the head as you do like those mystery lines or chips, although I do have some big shiny spots on both sides of the head that for picture taking, I just tones down in PS.

I love this set...but if I really did want to get a better painted Palp head, would I have to send back the whole set?

Regular readers here know I'm one of those SS cheerleaders, always trying to find the bright side of these figures and downplay the negative...but I gotta say it....I wish their QC efforts were a little more pronounced once production starts...the edition numbers on these are not so high that a better effort couldn't be given here. I would gladly endure longer waits for figures if I knew a large part of that was a very intense QC process...

Instead, it's a real crapshot for quality...sometimes we win, sometimes...not.

When I inquired about sending Bepsin Luke back, I asked if I could just exchange the base body (I wanted to get one without loose wrists), and I was told anything to do with the body they have you send back the whole thing.

Back