1/6 ROTS Palpatine / Sidious Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Palpatine Image Thread

Had the same problem, and the hair dryer worked great.

The problem that's really ticking me off is the wrist pegs. At what point did Sideshow revert back to the cone-tipped pegs as opposed to the rounded pegs, which were (as I recall from a Sideshow Q&A around the time of Jedi Luke) specifically designed to make swapping easier.

I had to apply so much force on the pegs in the beginning that Palpatine's arm and wrist joint is now so loose that he can't keep his arm up in the air at various angles.

I'd send it back, but the portraits on both are done so well that I don't want to risk getting back something worse.

But seriously, can someone tell me when the pegs reverted and if Sideshow ever said why they took a step back.

Had the same problem, and the hair dryer worked great.

The problem that's really ticking me off is the wrist pegs. At what point did Sideshow revert back to the cone-tipped pegs as opposed to the rounded pegs, which were (as I recall from a Sideshow Q&A around the time of Jedi Luke) specifically designed to make swapping easier.

I had to apply so much force on the pegs in the beginning that Palpatine's arm and wrist joint is now so loose that he can't keep his arm up in the air at various angles.

I'd send it back, but the portraits on both are done so well that I don't want to risk getting back something worse.

But seriously, can someone tell me when the pegs reverted and if Sideshow ever said why they took a step back.
i would like to know this as well. my old ben's hands are a ***** to swap out and he has a great variety of hands that i wanted to try them all. i haven't switched any of sidious/palps hands yet so i dont know what they are like. my aragorn's hands pop on and off with ease. i thought that was the new style that they were gonna run with.

When people started *****ing that the hands popped off too easily. Personally, I preferred them popping off easily to having to break out the hairdryer everytime I want to switch hands.

When people started *****ing that the hands popped off too easily. Personally, I preferred them popping off easily to having to break out the hairdryer everytime I want to switch hands.
id like to find those people and btichslap them with these rock hard sideshow hands.

They really need to move to something closer to the Hot Toys hands -- something that has a long peg that just slides into the wrist. There's no excuse for hands that are this hard to swap.

They really need to move to something closer to the Hot Toys hands -- something that has a long peg that just slides into the wrist. There's no excuse for hands that are this hard to swap.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I scraeped some paint off of palpatine's right hand palm with my thump trying to put it on:emperor

Something different, perhaps, but like Hot Toys I don't want that. Hot Toys is nice, but I've yet to have a Sideshow wrist peg break in nearly 30 figures and lots of hand swapping, with 2 Hot Toys figures lost to simple wrist articualtion with gentle movement.

I haven't had any pegs break, but I can see how they would be a little fragile given their design. But seriously, the Sideshow hands are so damn hard to change that it sort of defeats the purpose of having extra hands in the first place. I'd say (judging from my Medicom Boba Fett) that the Medicom hands might be best in terms of ease of swapping and stability, but they lose out a bit in posability.

I'm sure there is a good option out there. I agree the Buck isn't perfect, but I find a major flaw in all 3 top companies.

Hot Toys - Fragile
Sideshow - Hard to swap
Medicom - Not the most secure method of holding in place and limited articulation.

The best wrist would somehow combine the appearance and ease of swapping Hot Toys has, with the stability and security that Sideshow has, and hopefully the HT-Sideshow body will feature such a wrist. We'll have an idea once the Hobbits ship.

I haven't had any problem with HT wrist. They don't seem fragile to me.

But the cone shaped wrists along with harder hands have been a problem. Even though he is an older figure, my CSM's hand tore off. :monkey4

Also SSC's look very ugly and are not natural in any way. You can't bend a wrist like that. Actually it doesn't look like the wrist bends at all. The hand sculpt is cut off right before the wrist so it looks strange.

They'll probably go with HT-like wrists for their new body anyway. Hopefully QC is better with these new bodies.

Probably would have posted sooner and with more enthusiasm, but I have been very sick for a week now. Been really hard to get enough energy to take pics. But, here goes...

sscsidious009.jpg

sscsidious006.jpg

sscpalpatine007.jpg

sscpalpatine002.jpg

sscsisiousanakin001.jpg

sscsidious008.jpg

sscsidious002.jpg

sscpalpatine004.jpg

Awesome those are better than maulfans even and thats something,shows off more detail.

:emperor

I've had two HT wrist pegs break and both were on the muscular bodies... not sure if that means anything, but there you have it.

A actually have yet to break a Sideshow wrist... and usually as long as the hands are pliable enough the swapping isn't too bad. But it seems like some of the recent figures have had really stiff hands.

Great pics, Parker! Especially the shot with Vader (Anakin). I can't get enough of these two! They are definitely high on the "to get" list. They just came at an awkward time and honestly I wasn't excpecting to be so thrilled with them! Can't wait to get my mits on a pair!:emperor

Awesome those are better than maulfans even and thats something,shows off more detail.

:emperor

Fantastic pics!!!

As for being better than MaulFan's pics, I'd say they're better in that they have a more realistic look to them. MF's pics always have that same soft, smooth look because of the lighting he uses. Don't misunderstand...his pics are great, but they're more dream-like in appearance because of the interplay between light and shadows. And mine somehow always seem to come out looking like paintings when I do Photoshop composites.

That's why it's so great to have different members posting their shots. There are so many different styles that it's hard to believe the same product is being shown.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I also like to have pics from everyone to get different looks and feels. I started feeling a little better and played with Lightning today....
Comp101.jpg

Back