1/6 ROTS Palpatine / Sidious Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Palpatine Image Thread

When I inquired about sending Bepsin Luke back, I asked if I could just exchange the base body (I wanted to get one without loose wrists), and I was told anything to do with the body they have you send back the whole thing.

That's especially annoying in this case, since I would assume that I would have to send back both figures and take my chances that I don't get a worse version of Sidius...

Well...I'm going to return it. I spoke with Jennifer at Sideshow and yes, you have to return the whole set. I voiced my concerns about getting a replacement with a different issue, but was assured that replacements are carefully inspected before they are shipped back out so....awaiting the shipping labels from SS and crossing my fingers....

That's especially annoying in this case, since I would assume that I would have to send back both figures and take my chances that I don't get a worse version of Sidius...

Yours is pretty bad so I am sure your chances of getting one less screwed up then the one you got are good.

Well...I'm going to return it. I spoke with Jennifer at Sideshow and yes, you have to return the whole set. I voiced my concerns about getting a replacement with a different issue, but was assured that replacements are carefully inspected before they are shipped back out so....awaiting the shipping labels from SS and crossing my fingers....

Good luck JB, my Bespin Luke replacement had even worse wrist joints than the one I sent back.

I meant that my Sidius is fine (it's Palpatine that's the problem), and if they make me return both figures I could get a bad Sidius the next time.

Oh good point. Yeah, its a gamble, but none of the Sids defects would bug me as bad as the paint smear on his forehead and blue ship on his lip.

I forgot to mention that his ignited lightsaber was also bent. :rolleyes: :lol Otherwise both figures look very nice.
was it bent or limp?:lol

anyway i got mine today. i broke several traffic laws to get home before the fedex guy this time and i made it. the first thing i did was check sidious' head for scars since ive seen a couple here with issues. must say mine is perfect. both figures look great. and i hate to say it but i like them better than old ben. maybe its just because i like bad guys but i think they are gonna be 2 of my favorite figures. im sorry to hear about your situation there icruise. hopefully you can get it exchanged for a better one because these are very nice. Oluf did a great job on these.

I'm going back to Old Ben lol. It's fun doing these, but the backgrounds from ROTS are much more complex than ANH haha.

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Yeah, my sidious has a chip on his cheek.... it's ok, as i'm not digging his eyes either, i'm considering sending him to someone for a repaint......

I about had it with Sideshow 12" Starwars!!!

Anyone have this problem???? I got the Sith Lords todays and both palpatine and Sidious arms are glued at the elbow joint....just like the luke bespin and obi-wan was...
I am tired of having to undress these figure to heat the joint over to break the joint.
This has got to stop. I broke my luke bespin moving the elbow joint and I am darned I am gonna break these....Sideshow makes good stuff but the body has got to change or fix the damn joints.....120 bucks for glued body parts?

Sounds like you just keep getting the short end of the stick teemu, my Palps and Sidious were tight, but a gentle bend with my hand, no heating and they were fine, no issue, and that's a little better as it ensures no floppy elbow.

I about had it with Sideshow 12" Starwars!!!

Anyone have this problem???? I got the Sith Lords todays and both palpatine and Sidious arms are glued at the elbow joint....just like the luke bespin and obi-wan was...
I am tired of having to undress these figure to heat the joint over to break the joint.
This has got to stop. I broke my luke bespin moving the elbow joint and I am darned I am gonna break these....Sideshow makes good stuff but the body has got to change or fix the damn joints.....120 bucks for glued body parts?

Why are you whining about this in two separate threads?

Guess I'll repeat my response here as well...

:chug:crying Well now, we've got the whine...

Oh, here's the cheese.:fart

I had a rash of about 3 bodies doing that... but the hair dryer for a minute or so fixed the problem permanently. Its a bugger, but not the worst since its at least fixable.

I'd rather have 'em too tight than loose :lol

I had a rash of about 3 bodies doing that... but the hair dryer for a minute or so fixed the problem permanently. Its a bugger, but not the worst since its at least fixable.

That's what HE said.:D

hairdryer works great.....it doesnt make the joints loose at all ,it just loosens the sloppy Sideshow glue and not the arm, at least budges now,nice and tight!

My Obi Wan and Mace were suffering from Arthritis as well. I just used the hair dryer and they're Okay now.

Back