1/6 ROTS Palpatine / Sidious Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Palpatine Image Thread

i think both figs look great but i really wish sidious looked more agressive. a passive sidious just doesnt do it for me especially since i want to pose him in a battle stance. so yeah i like palp more.

That's one of the other issues many people have against Sidious, being ROTS Sidious, they want the more aggressive expressions from ROTS, which is totally understandable. Had my big joy for this set not come from a portrait finally capturing the Emperor/Sidious look of ROTJ and ROTS perfectly, I might put more focus on the essence of ROTS Sidious being there or not, but I have something I've wanted for a long time in the Sidious sculpt that was done so I'm on cloud 9.

Looking at the Sidious figure, I really see it almost as a hybrid of ROTS and ROTJ. In ROTS, Sidious often looked like his neck was so fat he barely had a chin, but this figure really differentiates jawline and neck, which is more ROTJ when McDiarmid was younger and thinner, but the cheeks and forehead are definitely ROTS in definition.

Okay...here goes....

"You're the Sith Lord!"
2253428631_fb98ef0fd6_o.jpg

"Are you going to kill me?"
2253425173_e71cd9d81e_o.jpg

The Nautolan goes down...
2254222846_8b7dc8a6c0_o.jpg

Jedi vs. Sith...
2254222932_7c1e2bf483_o.jpg

Sidenote: I hope there is a "VS," diorama of this great duel on the way...with a more dynamic pose of course...

"You are under arrest my lord!"
2254098758_5fa377a3c2_o.jpg

2254222932_7c1e2bf483_o.jpg

I really like this one JB, captures the "in your face" style of the duel very well.

Ya, something about the pose was striking me as familiar then it hit me last night, it's fairly close to the Sidious Unleashed.

rots05unlyodasidifront.jpg

Thanks Anakin, that's almost funny because the Sidious shot you posted was my least favorite of the 4 I posted from that session.

Yes...it's funny how that happens. I have stuff (images or whatnot) that I produce that I'm not thrilled with and it ends up being the clients favorite.
One never knows what's gonna click...

Doesn't matter when your style is so consistently excellent (like yours Sean)..

(Wow...I passed 1000! How about that...)

I like those last two both would make cool wall papers. Actually, I'd like to see you do something with both figures in it lightsabers lit and make a wall paper out of it. :)

Congrats on 1k posts JB :)

I'm planning to proably do something wallpaper related. I've got so many creative ideas between this set and my P2 Predator, I'm having focus issues lol.

Along those lines, here is my latest effort in the realm of Sith lightning.
X.jpg

When you get a chance on the wall papers I'll be looking forward to changing what I have right now to that.

I hope we get a Yoda this year. But if we get Vader and/or Stromtroopers, maybe next year is more likely.

I'd say Yoda is a specialty body, I'm sure we'll see many versions of him to justify the expense of developing the body. I imagine if you just shrink down the child size body to Yoda proportions, it'd work.

Back