1/6 ROTS Palpatine / Sidious Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Palpatine Image Thread

:lol:lol:lol

Even when SS's seamstresses seek to foil your plans you still find ways around it. :rock

Three real quick ones out of the box.

P1030017.jpg

P1030018.jpg

P1030019.jpg

DHarper: You got a nice sheen on your Palps robe there, looks nice that way. Got solid paint apps too. So far these figures seem to be coming with consistency.

OK, so here's my FUTZ pictures.

Palps is drying from a little water treatment; those tunic things that dangle seem to want to curl up as you mess with him.

SIDIOUS was a real breeze. Not much work at all, he's pretty much ready out of the ox, just had to bend the hood wires and the shawl wires. Not much you can do with the robe. I might try water treatment to see if I can give it better flow, less poofiness.

Anyway, here:

SidiousFUTZ1.jpg
SidiousFUTZ2.jpg

SidiousFUTZ3.jpg

I'd definitely like to get more curves into the robe part.

Fed Ex did try to deliver it today but nobody was home so I will have to wait till tomorrow after all.

I feel asleep when the exclusive went up and got the regular, still no word from SS on mine shipping:monkey2

Hope its soon though.

Great shots everyone!

Wasn't happy with my futzed Sidious so here he is with some attention to his robe, drying from water treatment:

SidiousWT1.jpg

And Palpatine, also drying from light WT (better sheen on this one):

PalpatineWT1.jpg

I'm glad to see a bit more richness in Paplatines robes from some of the recent shots. Looks like a real winner :rock

Thanks guys!

Yeah, the robe catches the light in some pictures and really pops. But unfortunately it IS the lighting. To the naked eye, in hand, it's a bit more of a maroon color with little sheen, mostly flat maroon, and the whole figure does blend together in a sort of blah way without some good light. It's not bad, just warning you guys. The more vibrant pictures above seem to come from when sunlight hits the tunic robe just right.

I'm loving my Sidious though. Get that hood to cover one eye and he looks just like his evil Highness!

Great pics, WG!

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but the hand sculpts on Sidious look really well done.

Lighting's not as dramatic, but this looks just as good as the proto image of the same angle and pose, now I'm even more psyched. Stop with all these images getting me all antsy haha.

2126_press08-001.jpg

So who is going to play switcheroo with the clothes? :monkey3

I will, it HAS to be done for my film stills, so I'm going to get my deformed face in red robe shots done first with a head swap and then leave them as they're supposed to be after that point.

I do hope someone will use the Hasbro Emperor robe over Palps clothing with the Sidious head: "It will be civil war without end." That would be awesome.

Well, I'm still figuring out just WHAT I'm going to do, but I've got about half a dozen stills from that point forward to replicate, so you'll see it in some manner :) I also plan to replicate "Execute Order 66..." in movie still.

Back