1/6 ROTS Palpatine / Sidious Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Palpatine Image Thread

palpatine3up1.jpg

Uhm...
I'm finding Palps less than impressive from your pics guys.
I won't cancel, but I will take a good look before unpacking and maybe he's going off to be sold.

They look really nice. Especially Sidious with his hood up.

Palpatine's neck looks short, almost like he's shrugging compared to film stills and the proto.

These look pretty fantastic. Mine will be here Tuesday! And yes, these are on the short bodies according to the order page on Sideshow.
While Palpatine doesn't look as impressive as Sidious, it's still a spot-on representation of the character. He just looks rather bland due to the neutral expression on his face, which to me is not a downside-- I'd rather have figures with a neutral expression than a sneer or scene-specific sculpt (Jedi Luke or Subway Spike are two good examples)...

Just got 'em! Here's my meager pics straight from the box (NO FUTZ):

Palpatine1.jpg
Sidious1.jpg

Palpatine2.jpg

Palpatine3.jpg

Sidious2.jpg

Pretty cool on first glance. I do agree with Tom that Palpatine fairs better in paint apps. He does look quite real. Also, he DOES have those creases on his brow as you can see. Sidious' face has a bit of painted 'mouth line' which I don't care for too much, but his eyes look great. He looks much better with his hood up, as you can see. It's easy to pick at them in extreme close-up but in hand in proper scale they are both really nice. Not quite 'Ben nice' but still an improvement in the line.

The Sidious outfit is really great -- wires in the hood and the shawl. Palpatine's seems to blend together in color a bit, but the textures are nice. I would have liked a more royal reddish color, the maroon is a bit muted, less vibrant that I remember onscreen.

The extras are cool. The camera droid is the best part of the extras. Statue and holocron are OK, nice additions. Lightsabers and hands are well done as we've come to expect.

Sidious has exceptionally nasty hands with the long nails, expertly painted. They're wicked cool.

Overall, worthy additions to the new level of excellence in the Star Wars line.

Stop posting these pictures... its just making me more bummed that I had to cancel. At least I know I will now have to get them down the road though.

Congrats Wor Gar, I pass the picture taking on to you. You take better pics than I do!

I will say this, after taking a few quick shots last night, I've come to a new verdict. This is definately my favorite 2 figures from SideShow to date. I never thought a figure could surpass my love for Maul, but this set did it for me. They are truly AMAZING!

I am going to do bit of futzing and the water treatment for Palpatine (I will not dare water treat Sidious) tonight, so maybe I'll post a few more pics. After that, I will sit back and enjoy everyone else's pics and admire the masterpiece that SideShow just gave us.:emperor

Nice mini review Wor-Gar. Can't wait to see more futz'd pics. :rock

Yeah, sorry about the crappy pics but I always like to post exactly what you get out of the box so people can get a sense of what to honestly expect. Futzing will begin now... obviously they'll look better with some attention.

Congrats Wor Gar, I pass the picture taking on to you. You take better pics than I do!

No way, your pictures were great! Always eager to see in-hand pictures as soon as possible. Mine are far from someone's like Maulfan... but after posting for so long in the same kitchen spot I figure people can get a sense of what the figures really look like in my familiar surroundings here.

Nice stuff WG, man, the wait for Tuesday grows harder with each new set of pictures :rock but at least they're on their way, so no complaints.

No way, your pictures were great! Always eager to see in-hand pictures as soon as possible. Mine are far from someone's like Maulfan... but after posting for so long in the same kitchen spot I figure people can get a sense of what the figures really look like in my familiar surroundings here.

Thanks dude, and actually, I always use your pictures as a reference for what to expect, it was your ROTS Obi-Wan shots that eased my mind about his quality and how happy I'd be when I got the figure. Your kitchen works well for a good blend of creative and faithful light. It's not over flashed, but it's lit enough you get a fair estimate of how they'd look in any home, very helpful, plus your futzing is always inspirational.

Thank you all, very kind words. I appreciate them.

So, once again, SS foils my "kitchen" pictures -- they must have a specialized team working into the wee hours to figure out how to keep me from my duty.

Anyway, bad news on Palps: his collar is so tight I'd have to remove the head to get the tunic off. Didn't want to do that, so no naughty pics of him. Sidious also seems to have an undergown sewn to form his body.

Basically, Sidious wears a 'little black dress' under his robes. I never knew that:

Sidioussexy1.jpg

But I always suspected Sid of swinging both ways.

His dress is actually quite nice. It's got a Wednesday Addams thing going with embroidered detail, almost like a spider pattern. Definitely a very cool and unnoticed detail where SS could have skimped.

Bravo SS! All I need is a matching black bra and panties and Sid is set.

Back