1/6 Master Team MT010 Lara Croft (Rise of the Tomb Raider – Siberia Expedition Outfit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine should show up tomorrow, but I probably won't pick her up until later in the week.
Supposed to get real warm, sunny -40C weather here next couple days, so I'm staying home. 🥶
Like my bio says, literally living on Hoth. lol

For a supposedly busy time of year Lara's moved pretty fast.

Kit got her into the post from his mainland China warehouse on Tuesday, she departed from the airport yesterday and has already cleared customs.

There's four days left for Royal Mail to get it from 4PX and deliver it, before they go on strike. :impatient:
Sounds like Canada Post. Surprisingly, they haven't gone on strike (yet) this year.
I think they purposely go on strike this time of the year because thats when desperation to receive/ship something is the highest.
I can't really blame the employees though, they get pretty crap wages for all the s*** they have to go through when dealing with certain agitated customers.

What layer of hell do you live on
Here's a rare pic of my community.
Not one of our better days.
hoth.png

Got mine in today! I like it! There are some small nitpicky things but I'm glad to finally have a Lara in the collection 😌

Attachments

• DSC05090 a.jpg
    DSC05090 a.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC05093a.jpg
    DSC05093a.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC05111a.jpg
    DSC05111a.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC05118a.jpg
    DSC05118a.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC05064a.jpg
    DSC05064a.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC05067a.jpg
    DSC05067a.jpg
  • DSC05068a.jpg
    DSC05068a.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Mine is being delivered tomorrow. I dont know.. Im glad that we'll have one decent reboot Lara but there's not a single piece from MT that would impress me. Everything I got from them is just ok.

Mine is being delivered tomorrow. I dont know.. Im glad that we'll have one decent reboot Lara but there's not a single piece from MT that would impress me. Everything I got from them is just ok.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I've gotten to point where I've accepted that no figure is ever going to be the perfect figure. Just won't happen.
Even with the few Hot Toys figures I've had there was always something a little off. Either clothing, body, likeness, always something.
But I honestly don't mind. It's the customizing part that makes this hobby interesting to me. Modding is sort of a way for a grown ass adult like myself to play with these figures without actually playing with them. lol
But it is good see someone else finally taking a crack at a 1/6 Lara. With some luck the sales will have been good enough for MT to consider that classic version too yet.

Christmas?

What Christmas?

Maybe it was cancelled this year due to lack of interest?

Lara's due to be delivered today. That's two days faster than the last 4PX delivery I had back in October. :lol

Lara decided it was too friggin cold out here and has gotten delayed until Thursday.
On the bright side, it's finally 'warmed' up bit and is only -35c now!

Also, some pics using a camera mod. Always forget how amazing this game looks.
Kinda feels like I'm up on that mountain with Lara and Jonah with the current temps. Very immersive. lol

20221220201829_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20221220190205_1.jpg
    20221220190205_1.jpg
    652.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221220190240_1.jpg
    20221220190240_1.jpg
  • 20221220222543_1.jpg
    20221220222543_1.jpg
    947.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221220190559_1.jpg
    20221220190559_1.jpg
    879.6 KB · Views: 0
She's arrived and first impressions are good.

The head is nicely done and the hair finely sculpted. She does have the panda eyes, but it works in hand. She also has a reddened nose, cheeks and forehead, which helps to sell the cold environment she's meant to be in.

Out of the box the head looked to be set a bit low, but it's easy enough to pull up. A bit of blue tack on top of the neck cup will keep it at the right height.

For the clothes the jacket is the standout feature. It looks right and feels right, and the hood lays down naturally on her back - which can sometimes be a problem in 1/6.

I read a review somewhere saying that there was no way to hold the ice screws on the belt. However, there's an open metal ring in the bag they're packed in. To prevent the ring or screws from dropping off the ring needs to be closed up, though that risks breaking the screws or bending the wire on the belt. I found a better solution: a tiny lockable ring clasp designed to secure a necklace. No chance of damage, nor of them falling off the belt now.

Lately I'm finding it impossible to get decent photos of anything. Most of these were with the flash:

100_3099.JPG

100_3117.JPG

100_3119.JPG

100_3120.JPG
100_3131.JPG
100_3150.JPG

This was the best I could manage of the sculpt. Out of focus, but without the flash to try and capture the redness of the forehead, nose and cheeks that accentuates the freezing environment:

100_3140.JPG

Looking at my photos I realised the only figure there that I was really happy with was the new MT Lara.

I don't like the Vikander sculpt on the GT figure, and Ellie's just not right for a Lara. I put the SW Casual sculpt onto the SW Remnant figure, small though it is.

100_3158.JPG

Then put the MT Ellie onto the little kit bashed figure, made from SW Casual parts on a Disney Jyn Erso body, and evicted her to the TLOU Detolf!

100_3156.JPG

Got mine in. Somewhat disappointing to be honest, just like every third party Lara I've purchased. Head sculpt and paint are okay, just not a particularly great likeness. This one looks a bit mean. :D

Got mine in. Somewhat disappointing to be honest, just like every third party Lara I've purchased. Head sculpt and paint are okay, just not a particularly great likeness. This one looks a bit mean. :D
Lara is mean and salty,she has always been :monkey3 While I haven't got my figure yet, from the pics I can tell that she is the best one yet. I prefer another greenish coat from the game but still a solid figure imo.

She's arrived and first impressions are good.

The head is nicely done and the hair finely sculpted. She does have the panda eyes, but it works in hand. She also has a reddened nose, cheeks and forehead, which helps to sell the cold environment she's meant to be in.

Out of the box the head looked to be set a bit low, but it's easy enough to pull up. A bit of blue tack on top of the neck cup will keep it at the right height.

For the clothes the jacket is the standout feature. It looks right and feels right, and the hood lays down naturally on her back - which can sometimes be a problem in 1/6.

I read a review somewhere saying that there was no way to hold the ice screws on the belt. However, there's an open metal ring in the bag they're packed in. To prevent the ring or screws from dropping off the ring needs to be closed up, though that risks breaking the screws or bending the wire on the belt. I found a better solution: a tiny lockable ring clasp designed to secure a necklace. No chance of damage, nor of them falling off the belt now.

Lately I'm finding it impossible to get decent photos of anything. Most of these were with the flash:

View attachment 613965

View attachment 613966

View attachment 613967

View attachment 613968View attachment 613970View attachment 613972

This was the best I could manage of the sculpt. Out of focus, but without the flash to try and capture the redness of the forehead, nose and cheeks that accentuates the freezing environment:

View attachment 613974
Looks good! Mine has arrived at my local post office, so I should get her tomorrow unless Mother Nature intervenes. The winter storm isn't scheduled to hit us until tomorrow night so fingers crossed.

Are you OK with those boots? The gaiters seem to cover them sufficiently. I have a really nice pair of winter snow boots I was thinking about using, but they're men's boots so I think that even with the gaiters she might look like she has clown shoes on lol...

Looks good! Mine has arrived at my local post office, so I should get her tomorrow unless Mother Nature intervenes. The winter storm isn't scheduled to hit us until tomorrow night so fingers crossed.

Are you OK with those boots? The gaiters seem to cover them sufficiently. I have a really nice pair of winter snow boots I was thinking about using, but they're men's boots so I think that even with the gaiters she might look like she has clown shoes on lol...

The boots are okay. She's not very tall and the boots are quite small, so men's boots would probably be too big.

Back