1/6 Mal for Nathan Fillion Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alrighty, boils and ghouls, the Mal project is on my paint station. Head in progress. I'll be needing those clothes very soon.

Is someone going to take pics when Fillion gets this?

I doubt there will be anybody there to take pics. It's my understanding that this will simply be sent to him.

I am mailing them off tomorrow! I got suspenders that will work, but I was thinking of making custom ones. Should I go ahead and do that or send the pre made pair off?

The better the better, as I always say (for the first time ever).

If you think the custom ones will be closer to screen accurate, it's worth the wait. We have no deadline for this project, and it's already coming along flawlessly.

Go for the gusto!

done and done! I will throw them together and take pics first before we commit to anything. I ordered some parts that will work, I just need to wait for them.

this is the outfit so far...

DSCN0388-1.jpg

comments?

I am not crazy about those suspenders.

Shirt and pants look great. I've got the boots drilled out for the truetype body. They'll get painted after Mal's head. Just finishing hair now.

Okay, so if we were doing a version of Mal from the "Trash" episode, he'd be finished now.

MalRaw.jpg

Cupping his junk.
MalCuppingHisJunk.jpg

I matched the head paint to the hands and feet that came with the body which were a slightly different tone. I figured that made more sense, although I will be building him up with the gloves on. The hands will be included though.

Mal.jpg

MalLookingDown.jpg

MalLookingUp.jpg

Last edited:
EXCELLENT Silent Surfer. Absolutely rockin' paintup!

Great stuff on the outfit Cadaver...my eye isn't trained for that aspect of it, but I think it looks good!

Trev

this is so amazing. greatest collab i've seen yet . kudos to everyone involved, i had a great time looking through this whole thread :)

Back