1/6 Luke & Leia swing bridge Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice progress you're making there Jay, although the pics belie the size of the parts. They must be taking over the Jay-cave mate lol

Pete

You are absolutely right wih your comment regarding weathering my friend. I will do the effect on one of the bridges in the morning and post the pics, the beauty of the pigment is that it can easily be removed without leaving a trace. Paint on the other hand is a bit more permanent and would require a strip and repaint of the whole metal area of the step.

Although it's not screen accurate personally I think they are fine as they are and don't need anything else ( hence my apprehension and hesitation ) but let's see how it looks with some pigment on

Pete

That is fantastic news. Can't wait to see it!

I think this is the effect we want, let me know your opinions and I can get these finished

In hand it's not as dark as the picture and isn't harsh at all but more of a soft effect

It's very dull and overcast outside so the light coming through the window is not the best for taking pictures but I wanted to see it against a plain background

Lit up these look awesome

hqdefault.jpg

Thanks guys

I'll go ahead and put the oil stains on the others and take some pics of the v3.0 against a plain background too

Pete

All finished

I've got my camera on charge so I can get some decent pics of the v3.0 and I'll post those later.

Pete

Unfortunately got called into work again today :slap :gah: so didn't manage to get as much done as I'd planned.
I still managed to make a pretty good start on assembling the first of the side panels :yess:

I'm really hoping to get these last outer frames fully assembled tomorrow, as I fly out to the Florida on my hols Sunday and would like to get the side panels finished before I go :cool:
I'm sooooo close to finishing this build now, I reckon 4 uninterrupted days and I should more or less be there.

@ Pete. Certificates are all printed & embossed, so I'll get them in the post to you Monday buddy.

Jas

Absolutely outstanding work Jas and Pete. They really do look straight out of the film as a ILM replica. :clap. Have a great holiday in Florida too Jas. Getting away from this miserable wet weather in the U.K is well deserved. :rock2

Thanks guys :clap

A great session in the J-cave today, all went as planned and no interuptions :yess: got the last of the side panels cleaned up and finished.

really enjoying this build, but still really looking forward to or next projects :wink1:
Won't be able to get much more done before my hols I'm afraid chaps

Jas

Back