1/6 Luke & Leia swing bridge Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a bit of a brainwave to improve the lighting also reduce the weight.
Prototype is built and currently on test, just making sure there's no light bleed or heat issues.
Should be contacting everyone in the next few week or so with more details.

Jas

I received my door, Jas. It's a thing of beauty. Thank you so much! I just cut my building in half so I'm pretty sure I will be able to reframe it with a new, more accurate frame and reattach the two sides. I can't wait!!! Thanks again!

I received my door, Jas. It's a thing of beauty. Thank you so much! I just cut my building in half so I'm pretty sure I will be able to reframe it with a new, more accurate frame and reattach the two sides. I can't wait!!! Thanks again!

You're more than welcome buddy, glad it arrived safe & sound.

New LED testing is now complete and pleased that there is no heat issues, needed to make a slight adjustment to the angle of the LEDs (cheers for the tip Pete) so the lights are now more facing more towards the back panel (door) and should give greater depth and better lighting effect

As a heads up guys, there will be a slight delay with us starting this build, but I will still be able to carry on completing & improving this v2.0 build but won't be able to build the rest until my new studio / J-cave is complete.
I've started the block work this weekend so the J-cave is well underway and should be ready to move-in over the next few weeks.
Will keep you all posted.

New LED testing is now complete and pleased that there is no heat issues, needed to make a slight adjustment to the angle of the LEDs (cheers for the tip Pete) so the lights are now more facing more towards the back panel (door) and should give greater depth and better lighting effect

As a heads up guys, there will be a slight delay with us starting this build, but I will still be able to carry on completing & improving this v2.0 build but won't be able to build the rest until my new studio / J-cave is complete.
I've started the block work this weekend so the J-cave is well underway and should be ready to move-in over the next few weeks.
Will keep you all posted.

Great news! If you have any pictures to share of the new light set-up, I'm sure we'd all love it.

And good luck on the J-cave!

Coincidently, I'm moving myself so the delay actually works well for me. I have to be in my new digs by Oct. 1st.

Brickwork is complete on the new studio and the windows will be in tomorrow:
Here's a quick preview of the v2 lights:
You can see I have got rid of the 9v battery and replaced it with a 12v DC supply far more stable and very reliable with zero flicker

All ready to get cracking on this build chaps, just waiting for the new studio (J-Cave) to be finished, hoping to be in within the next 3-4 weeks.

Lol, wish it was.
Brick work is done, window is in and now weather proof.
Floor should be finished tomorrow, then I'll make a start on the walls & electrics

I had to get a sparky in to do the wiring in the Petecave as my skills run out at the point where voltage is concerned and I don't think Lisa would have felt comfortable living above what would potentially be the biggest cigarette lighter in Wales lol.

But I know you have a far greater understanding of electrics than I do so will be golden.

Remember not to cross the streams though or I might end up seeing a mushroom cloud in the North lol

Pete

PS : the new light set up in the dio looks great

I'm having a little help with the electrics, I'll do the install but will be having them all checked and certified, just to be sure.
Lol I won't cross the streams, cheers mate these lights are so much better than the first.

Timber studding for the walls complete now chaps.
Electrics going in this week hopefully get the plaster board / dry wall done over weekend
Doing it all myself so up against it but I'm getting stuck in and enjoying myself

Back