1/6 Luke & Leia swing bridge Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re-designing and improving a few bits, mainly with the lighting system and sides before I can start the build process guys.
The new 12v LED strips are currently on the test bench and all looks great so far.

Just for fun, wanted to show how wonderfully accurate this dio is...

swing bridge COMP 7-6-16.jpg

Here's the ref I used:

Luke-and-Leia-star-wars-a-new-hope-how-to-cross.jpg

Just for fun, wanted to show how wonderfully accurate this dio is...

View attachment 275063

Here's the ref I used:

View attachment 275064

Jason definitely nailed it and that picture really shows how spot on it is.

Your comparison also shows me how awesome my Luke custom figure is and reminds me I must start an interest thread for it

Joking aside, seeing that pic shows me I can afford to go a little bit darker on the facade around the door and I'll make the darker square a bit more subtle on the future ones too

Pete

Your "Luke custom" creases me up every time I see it. :rotfl

I always try and get my builds as screen accurate as possible, sometimes it can be a bit tricky if I don't find any decent reference image or screen grabs. Fortunately this scene has some great ones.

This one was a little bit more difficult, I couldnt find many close ups, but I think it turned out pretty good.

Your "Luke custom" creases me up every time I see it. :rotfl

I always try and get my builds as screen accurate as possible, sometimes it can be a bit tricky if I don't find any decent reference image or screen grabs. Fortunately this scene has some great ones.

This one was a little bit more difficult, I couldnt find many close ups, but I think it turned out pretty good.

This might be old hat, but this site has proven priceless for me re: screen caps ---- https://movie-screencaps.com/

Not forgotten about you guys, have been waiting for more materials, also I've started the long awaited new & bigger studio build (J-Cave) so really busy at the min.
Finishing off some more commissions & this new design is under way as there are a few important improvements needed.
Lighting will be 12v mains power is sorted.
Stopping the light bleed is also high on my to do list, there are also a couple of areas where I can improve the quality in some areas.
The weight may also be an issue with world wide shipping as these are currently well over the golden 2kg.

Will keep you posted guys

Not forgotten about you guys, have been waiting for more materials, also I've started the long awaited new & bigger studio build (J-Cave) so really busy at the min.
Finishing off some more commissions & this new design is under way as there are a few important improvements needed.
Lighting will be 12v mains power is sorted.
Stopping the light bleed is also high on my to do list, there are also a couple of areas where I can improve the quality in some areas.
The weight may also be an issue with world wide shipping as these are currently well over the golden 2kg.

Will keep you posted guys

Thanks for the update.....

Great news! Eager to see the modified proto!

Hopefully the weight can be addressed -- not just for shipping but also for hanging on the wall. 4.5 lbs is likely too heavy to hang on my walls.

Will be starting the dry fitting of the new design over the next few days, the look hasn't changed much it's more of an internal construction that I've changed.
Be in touch very soon guys.

Back