1/6 Luke & Leia swing bridge Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing!! Just amazing! When I think of stuff SS has donw like the Han Solo carbonite block and wall section, The should have done that doorway. Its about the same size.

The carbonite block is a pretty large piece, I haven't seen one in hand but looking at pictures I think this is bigger. I too can't understand why SideShow haven't done more environments it must just be down to how many they think they can sell.

Pete

Calling this done

I have added some more tones and softened the mottling a little bit but still kept the contrast visible and to break up the surface a little. I looked at a ton of images of this in the movie and realised very quickly that I wouldn't be able to get it screen accurate as it's essentially just a huge lump of grey and the lighting is what gave it the colours you see on screen.

So I've gone with tones that I think capture the look and feel of the movie.

What's coming up is a load of pics that I have taken in different light to try and give an idea of how this looks in hand as different types of lighting really change the tone of the greys.

This is down in my cave ( fluorescent tubes ) with the bench daylight lamp on, no natural light ( it really is a cave down here )

Lamp off

Natural light ( window is directly opposite )

Blinds closed ( I think this lighting will be how most people have in their display rooms )

Blinds open

Next to window in direct natural light

Magnificent!!! Magnifique!

Really awesome. Love the detail all the way down to the control panel.

Another thing you could do that should not be too difficult is to make the door movable. Assuming you made the door a separate piece. That way you could lift it up a little bit and pose some troops peeking/shooting from underneath.

Blinds closed ( I think this lighting will be how most people have in their display rooms )

What a piece of artwork this is! I can finally view on my home computer -- and the pictures are simply outstanding. Love how the different lighting creates a different look. LOVE the one above. Perfect!!!

You and ScratchBuilder really do incredible work. :clap

I'm curious about how heavy this piece is? And how tall?

Another thing you could do that should not be too difficult is to make the door movable. Assuming you made the door a separate piece. That way you could lift it up a little bit and pose some troops peeking/shooting from underneath.

This is something I seriously thought about at the early design stage.
I considered a door actuator so the door would open a 30-40mm and jam then a small smoke generator would give a puff of smoke from under the door.
All controlled via a wifi app from a smart phone, just not sure if this would be a feature you guys would want, so I kept it static.

Thanks for all the great feedback though, really appreciate it.

Absolutely beautiful, guys. If you do any new/different door stuff, definitely let us know.

I'm all over this, just hope Tony does a Leia dress to make this even more realistic -- can I say screen grab worthy?

Back