1/6 Luke & Leia swing bridge Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Pete looks fantastic with a bit of colour on mate, great job
To answer your question about the platform's dark panel, it is a little on the narrow side going by the door panelling.
However, I wouldn't change it mate as you know buddy I'm making another to replace this one as I'm not 100% happy with the lighting.

Yes.

Brilliant! I'm glad you noticed that. :clap

This is really coming along.

Cheers Wor-Gar

I will remask a little bit wider and spray the panel again in the morning, I think I was too wide with my original masking but got a bit carried away lol.

Yes the panels on the floor definitely want to be there as I think that look is a very "StarWars" thing and it's all over the ships in the original movies. A paper mask held over the surface and a few subtle shifts in tone on the diffreent panels will get me where I want to be I reckon

Pete

Wow Pete looks fantastic with a bit of colour on mate, great job
To answer your question about the platform's dark panel, it is a little on the narrow side going by the door panelling.
However, I wouldn't change it mate as you know buddy I'm making another to replace this one as I'm not 100% happy with the lighting.

Cheers Jay !

I know this is just a paint test but as I mentioned to Wor-Gar I will widen it a little bit. I was a little too wide with my original masking and overcompensated, but you know what my symmetry OCD is like, it's ticking right now lol I won't be able to sleep if I leave it

Pete

Awesome work guys!
I think the dark square (path way) could be wider. It looks a bit too narrow.

I made the square a little bit wider and added some panelling. Think it looks better now

Starting now to add the next layer in a darker shade begging with shadows

The colour shifts quite significantly depending on the lighting ( this is with the daylight lamp switched off )

I just threw a body in the pic to give an idea of scale ( the Luke likeness is a bit off but I'm happy with the light sabre lol )

Pete

Love the paneling work detail on the floor! Great work! And how it changes color from cold gray to the sort of bluish tint I recall from the movie.

And this is huge -- what is it, like 20 inches tall?

The colour shifts quite significantly depending on the lighting ( this is with the daylight lamp switched off )

I just threw a body in the pic to give an idea of scale ( the Luke likeness is a bit off but I'm happy with the light sabre lol )

Pete

Will be upgrading the lighting system on the re-build & anymore we do.
The original 9v bespoke circuit turned out to be a little problematic with stability issues and turned out not to be of high enough quality to make it into one of our builds so it's been scrapped. A brand new 12v DC 5050 LED strip system is being developed and will give a far superior system which will be able to connect to a perminant power source (plug/outlet) instead of a battery.

A bit of a poll:
Would you all prefer a wall mounted (bigger) version or a Detolf friendly version (smaller like this one)?

Thanks Jas

It would be world's easier to have it fit in a Detolf, but looking at it right now I really don't think it will ever fit without some shelf replacement. (is the one above really the "small version"...?)

That said, I'm excited about the wall mount possibilities. But I would like to be able to set it down on top of a Detolf as well...

I'd be in for a non wall-mounted version; either in- or on- one of my Besta cabinets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing!! Just amazing! When I think of stuff SS has donw like the Han Solo carbonite block and wall section, The should have done that doorway. Its about the same size.

It would be world's easier to have it fit in a Detolf, but looking at it right now I really don't think it will ever fit without some shelf replacement. (is the one above really the "small version"...?)

That said, I'm excited about the wall mount possibilities. But I would like to be able to set it down on top of a Detolf as well...

It's just a shade over 21" high, it will fit inside a Detolf but a shelf would need to be removed.

This really is the small version lol, Jason's original design was wider and had detail either side of the door opening. He reduced the width so it would fit in a Detolf and the detail is now on the sides.

1/6 is great for detail but boy does it eat up space

Pete

I think it would be really cool to have these displayed in a cabinet with a printed background.

Pete

Back