1/6 Luke & Leia swing bridge Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are truly beautiful and amazing! You guys on the list will not be disappointed. Great job Jas, and Pete!
Keep up the good work

Another great couple of days in the J-Cave.
Well on my way to getting the next 3x v3.0s done and dusted.

Hopefully by next weekend I should have the last few ready for Pete to work his magic along with the Mos Eisley door Dio.

I've got a few more one-off builds to get done before I make a start on the 1/6 Landspeeder & more Indy builds.

Jas

More great progress this weekend, just got one more V2.0, V3.0 and a one off V3.0 (double depth) to go.

We are also working on making the packaging even more nuke proof following a little heavy handed shipping incident :gah::horror

I'm pretty sure I've got one of those 3.0 versions coming my way. I can't wait to finally have this on display.

Thanks for offering this amazing display piece.

The emphasis does need to be put on thanks. This is really a gift to receive. There will be a lot of pleasure delivered with these pieces.

Thanks to all the kind words and some great PMs, it’s very humbling that you guys like our builds so much.

All seven v3.0s now complete and ready for Pete to work his mad skills on.
I'll be working on redesigning the nuke proof packaging for these over the next week to make sure they get to you guys in one piece.

I've already made a start on the last few 1x v3.0, 1x v3.0 (open door, double lighting) & 1x v2.0.

Jas

Thanks to all the kind words and some great PMs, it’s very humbling that you guys like our builds so much.

All seven v3.0s now complete and ready for Pete to work his mad skills on.
I'll be working on redesigning the nuke proof packaging for these over the next week to make sure they get to you guys in one piece.

I've already made a start on the last few 1x v3.0, 1x v3.0 (open door, double lighting) & 1x v2.0.

Jas

Sweet! Cannot wait! Really looking forward to receiving mine.

New shipping boxes complete and now ready for the Trip over to Pete's. (Hopefully :pray: Mr or Mrs Postie won't be so heavy handed with these last ones :gah: )
We are just arranging the meet up details as Pete lives in the neighbouring country to me and will be getting the painting stage under way very soon.

You may ship when ready.

300px-Peter_cushing_in_star_wars.jpg

Hand over and meet up with Pete arranged for this weekend :yess:
Last 3 builds are also well under way with one almost complete, but will just miss out this meet up.

I met up with Jay today and collected the bridges ( good to see you again Jay :wave) I will be making a start on them in the morning, and as always progress pics will follow as I go along.

Pete

I met up with Jay today and collected the bridges ( good to see you again Jay :wave) I will be making a start on them in the morning, and as always progress pics will follow as I go along.

Pete

Always great to see you too buddy :hi5: a fairly hassle free 170mile round trip but is always good to catch up and discuss other ideas and future builds over a coffee mate.
Will be cracking on with these last 3 swing bridge dio's, very much doubt they'll all be ready this side of new year.

Thanks for the update, really appreciative for thesenworks of art. Can’t wait to get mine!!!

Ok I'm back at my bench down in the cave and work begins.

This is what I collected from Jay ( 7 more dioramas )

I'm going to do this all in one go in kind of production line. First thing to do is a light test of each one

And then mask the light lenses around the doors along with the sockets for the power adaptor

I got 3 masked today and will get the rest masked tomorrow, then it will be onto the primer which I'm thinking will take me to the weekend to get done what with the amount of Dios ,2 coats of primer and drying times so I'll update again once I've laid on some primer.

The door control panels are ready to go as I did those a little while back so that will help things go a little quicker

You guys all keep safe and I'll be back in a few days with some more progress

Pete

Back