1:6 Lennon by Darren Carnall

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
john_lennon.jpg

Since Darren has now announced a tentative completion date for our Lennon head sculpt (June 7) I thought we should start a new thread. Just as a reminder, this will be 1964 circa Ed Sullivan appearance Lennon.

Freaks Who Are Interested:

1. pixletwin
2. The Ill Jedi
3. abstractharmony X 2
4. pjam
5. Billy
6. DarkArtist81
7. DarthRazz
8. shaun-0
9. orbitingx
10. metaphorge
11. Ironman1188
12. Gruff Old Bear
13. Batty
14. JediMike71
15. FigureMasterLes
16. JiminyDog
17. BillyB
18. fistfulmetal
19. sirkangol
20. bcm77
21. thamesvalidude
22. lcummins

Anyone else want in? :rock

Last edited:
I'm interested, but will I be able to see the final product before I commit? (No offense to Darren of course... I'm just not sure yet)

Guitar is being made by a local fellow. He can chime in if he wants too.

As for suits I have had a few leads, but nothing worth sharing.... yet! :)

Darren, how are you with reference material?

I've got quite a few pics... but ANY more are always welcome. Especially any direct front or side shots, or shots showing the expression/hairstyle etc that is wanted. they can be emailed to... wait, i'll pm it to you, lol

Because this idea has been bandied around for so long now... I'm starting to feel the anticipation from everyone. ...no pressure then :lol

I'm kinda bummed that this is the era that was decided. :monkey2 I would like to see the sculpt first, but I might be out now. I was hoping for solo career John, mostly b/c having him from this era will look very odd not having the other 3 lads. And if the sculpt is a definitive "mod" look, aging him for an Imagine John might not work. Why 1964? Most Lennon fans would agree that he himself felt that his best work, his truest work, was after he left the Beatles.

Most Lennon fans would agree that he himself felt that his best work, his truest work, was after he left the Beatles.

:horror Really? Thats fine if he felt like that, but I don't think most of his fans would agree. Heck, I don't think most of his fans even own a Lennon solo record.

Edit: I really wish this was a complete outfitted project.

You can comb the old thread for the reasons why we went with the 64 Lennon. But I know a lot of us ARE getting the other 3 Beatles. Plans are also that we are not stopping with this incarnation of Lennon either. If all goes well we will hit other eras of his life as well. Thi is (hopefully) just the begining.

Back