1/6 KOTCS Indiana Jones--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 KOTCS Indiana Jones coming in 2009!?!

My best guess is that it will be the RPG since it was only onscreen for a few seconds and is in no way integral to the figure.

I love that the lack of logic in that statement, if one didn’t understand how SS works, is really completely logical to those of us who do understand. Think of the most obscure, useless item that will only ever sit inside the box since it has no real use when posing and displaying the figure and that's exactly what we get.

How about Indy coming with the broom that he and Mutt use in that prison cell? LOL :lol

Just saw this. Not sure about getting one. I may, but I am trying to avoid every version of Indy. Maproom is one thing, old Indy is another. Not sure yet.
Depends on the sculpt, the accessories and price.

I will buy since Indy and Mutt were the only good things about KOTCS. Even though Indy had his balls removed.

:lol No that was the whole film. Zing! I'll be here all week, try the veal!

I love that the lack of logic in that statement, if one didn’t understand how SS works, is really completely logical to those of us who do understand. Think of the most obscure, useless item that will only ever sit inside the box since it has no real use when posing and displaying the figure and that's exactly what we get.

How about Indy coming with the broom that he and Mutt use in that prison cell? LOL :lol

That's what I love about SS though, they normally don't make the exclusive item something that you can't live without. If you don't manage to ge the exlusive, then you don't really feel like you are missing out. The only real exception I can think of is Qui-Gon's poncho. Like you said though, the exclusive item almost always winds up sitting in the box in my case too:rolleyes:

That's what I love about SS though, they normally don't make the exclusive item something that you can't live without. If you don't manage to ge the exlusive, then you don't really feel like you are missing out. The only real exception I can think of is Qui-Gon's poncho. Like you said though, the exclusive item almost always winds up sitting in the box in my case too:rolleyes:

Yeah, I get cold sweats at night, because I don't have Indy's torch with an arrow in it. :lol
The Belloq ex is nice though

I'd buy a KOTCS Indy (with a good likeness and accurate outfit), but that's it.

And I'm one of the 7 people on Earth who doesn't hate KOTCS!

Oh, I don't know...there must be at least 8 of us.... :lol

Can't wait to see what Trev does with this, I assume he'll be sculpting old Indy as well

Yes, he'd do a great job I'm sure....but it's a version that could be quickly undone by bad paint apps....fingers crossed they're more "Old Ben" and less "Belloq"....

I've got the Medi KOTCS Indy and Mutt...and while I'm really keen on getting a Sideshow version. I'm good with the Medi Mutt...I think it will display fine with a Sideshow figure.

It's Spalko I really want Sideshow to produce....I just think they'd do a great figure of her...

Yes, he'd do a great job I'm sure....but it's a version that could be quickly undone by bad paint apps....fingers crossed they're more "Old Ben" and less "Belloq"....

I think the factory Old Ben came out of is like some mythical lost city right out of an Indy adventure. Sideshow must have stumbled onto it and it disappeared again. Haven't see a production paintjob even close to that caliber from them since.

I think the factory Old Ben came out of is like some mythical lost city right out of an Indy adventure. Sideshow must have stumbled onto it and it disappeared again. Haven't see a production paintjob even close to that caliber from them since.

Did you miss CloneObi's? The Utapau's?

Both A New Hope and Clone Obi-wan paint was fantastic, too bad I am trying to sell both.

I can't wait to see what SSC offers from KOTCS. The Medi (and at least one Hasbro) offerings were OK-- But...

Are those the boots that came with Dovchenko? Those might be the best sculpted jackboots I've seen.

Are those the boots that came with Dovchenko? Those might be the best sculpted jackboots I've seen.

They are. The head sculpt, outfit (including boots), and holster are all Hasbro while the rifle is SSC (from a Bond release) and the body's a buck.

I'd go for an old indy. He'd go perfect with old snake, old ben, and old spock on my WIP retirement shelf :rock

The Clone Obi-Wan was good too, yes. I don't count armored guys though, it's not the same thing.

Gandalf was kickass as well... one of their best likeness and paint combos. Too bad it didn't sell well :monkey2

Sideshow does turn out the occasional gem like Clone Obi and Gandalf. My point was it's the exception, not the rule. Knowing they can produce factory heads that good makes it all the more frustrating when a majority of them don't come out that well.

I'll shut up about it now though. I didn't want to ruin this thread for everyone and turn it into another "Sideshow paint apps. suck!" rant.

Back