1/6 KOTCS Indiana Jones--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 KOTCS Indiana Jones coming in 2009!?!

I liked KOTCS too. I don't know why people can't enjoy it as good dumb fun. Obviously it's not as stellar in storytelling as the others but I think Spielberg achieved the feeling of a good old-fashioned adventure romp. I've already watched it more times than any of the Star Wars prequels.

I would love to see an Irina Spalko figure more than anything. She was my favorite character in the movie and possibly the most entertaining of all the Indy villains. Not to mention we haven't gotten one 12" version of her from any company yet. Why is Sideshow so stingy with female characters? I thought they were marketing figures for collectors. There's only been one Leia and one Padme in their 1:6 Star Wars line so far!

As for KOTCS Indy, I'm not that thrilled about every other figure in the line being an Indy, especially one in the classic costume again already. I would've wanted a KOTCS Indy eventually but more like next year. I expect we'll see a huge production number cut in this one just like the Premium Format. And I have to wonder if they're just doing this as a cheap cash-in by reusing a lot of existing pieces.

I hope they get the pants right on this. Sideshow's Indy is the only one with greenish pants - every other 12" version of the character has pants that are browner.

I just watched kotcs for the frist time yesterday I like it i think its my favorite indy film now.I was going to get the indy thats out know but im going to wait for this one.

Billy

I just watched kotcs for the frist time yesterday I like it i think its my favorite indy film now.I was going to get the indy thats out know but im going to wait for this one.

Billy

VERY bold statement but to each their own.

VERY bold statement but to each their own.

especially on a forum where everyone hates KOTCS (which i found not so much the limey inbred child of the series just the annoying little cousin people prefer to stray away from):angelsmil

especially on a forum where everyone hates KOTCS (which i found not so much the limey inbred child of the series just the annoying little cousin people prefer to stray away from):angelsmil

Not everyone 'hates' it here, some people like it a lot, and many people like me, who thought it had a lot of flaws, still enjoyed it.

Billy

Refreshing to get some variety. Most Indy fans will say Raiders, hands down. Of course, it also happens to be one of the best action films ever. The other three all have their critics and their fans.

I like ToD the most, my favorite Indy film. Is it the best Indy film in the scene of writing, directing and editing and all that jazz? No BUT it is my favorite Indy film, just way too much fun. Plus it was the one movie I watched the most when I was a kid so I think that has something to do with why I like it the most.

Raiders, like many is my favorite. Solid film with a few perks, but the least of the bunch. TOD, darker, moodier, but Willie is just annoying, yet tolerable at times. Last Crusade become more comical (Marcus being the relief) Indy became more bumbling only to contribute to his relationship with his Dad (best on screen chemistry of the series.) KOTC had an older more bumbling Indy which favored his age, but was sharp when in his element of discovery, screaming tradititonal Indy. Shia held his own but by far does not deserve the Fedora(thank God for the classic snatch of the ol' hat from Dad.) :whip

Of all the standard adventure gear Indys we'll get this one will be very interesting to me. Seems no one has done the KOTCS Indy any justice, headsculpt wise, in any format. I wasn't terribly impressed with the SS PF old Indy but I thought the Medi RAH was decent, but still off.

what would be really... really ... REALLY cool... is if Sideshow includes his German Alpine rucksack.... that would be one awesome ( and needed) accessory !

what would be really... really ... REALLY cool... is if Sideshow includes his German Alpine rucksack.... that would be one awesome ( and needed) accessory !

Good Call. Perhaps an exclusive? Hell, beats a torch with a dart in it.

fridge.jpg

I agree... Oh, maybe I don't.

That's a refrigerator... I thought it was a porto-san.

I have a feeling that this will show up at Comic-Con its the only real serious thing they've teased from this line, I'm just wondering if they'll be more on the 1:6 front at the show.

Back