1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Repost from the jnix thread

I had a heart breaking thing happen last Sunday. My light fixture came crashing down on a few grails. Worst accident I’ve had in my collecting career. Aside from a minor fixable scuff here on there the only irreparable thing was the brim of Jnix Indy snapped right off in the front of my hatred and darkened beard / dullcoated jnjx Indy.

He said he will see if the caster has any extra but I’ve not heard back since. So I took it as an opportunity to rework a spare iniguo hat I had lying around. I widened the hole to fit the Jnix head and thinned the brim and painted it up.

The plus side was I think I was able to get a more accurate color and raiders accurate higher and wider crown which I always liked about the iniguo hats.

I also took It as an opportunity to rework the body and sand down the pecs lats and back of my much too burly Han Solo with advanced TT arms body

Also featuring:

Hot toys boots
Kato KOTS pants dyed raiders (better fit and fabric than his raiders)
Mfisher holster
mfisher whip
Mfisher satchel
Kato raiders shirt
Kato raiders jacket weathered and colored by me for accuracy
Hot toys pistol
Endless love

View attachment 380584View attachment 380585View attachment 380586View attachment 380587

Looking great Raymundo.

Both sculpts too. I was tempted with the unhatted, but ended up with just the hatted version.

Holy hell! What accident? You mean blessing... Look what you ended up with... perhaps the greatest Indy figure EVER!!!

:clap

Pictures saved for future ref if I ever get to finishing my own.

Couldn’t agree more with everyone, it’s more like blessing in disguise. You have one of the best indy out there bud :)

A few crappy photos:

GEDC1247.JPGGEDC1250.JPGGEDC1253.JPG

I figured it was the most proper use of the un-hatted sculpt. I just need some decent glasses and maybe an artifact and he'll be done.

Hmm. Good question. I like the way my TOD custom came out, but I really like the "Professor Jones" one now. My oldest is the one with the Kato gear, so that will always hold a special place in my collection. I'm also pleased with the work I've put into improving the HT gear.

Professor Jones needs his leather carryall. New ones are always the favorite child.

I'd like to see a blue-suit Indy from the last scene in Raiders. Always thought that dark blue suit with the fedora looked sharp on him.

Are you going to make a Streets of Cairo Indy? Or is that too similar to ToD Indy?

I always have trouble personally deciding if I want just one Super Indy or if I want multiples. I think I just want one Raiders Indy (truck chase version dirty) and a Cairo Dig version since its so different (and I have it with the HT version). But then I get tempted by the ToD look...

I've had a streets of Cairo as well as a map room disguise on display, but I've switched them out over the years. I may bring back either of them as I have extra heads now.

That "bureaucratic fools" version does sound tempting.

Back to the professor version, do you know of any decent suitcases that would be period appropriate? Thanks.

Back to the professor version, do you know of any decent suitcases that would be period appropriate? Thanks.

Can't find one in quick google search but I'm sure they're out there. (there's one but it has belts on it).

I did find pics for you though...

raiders-lost-ark-movie-screencaps_com-1801.jpg

raiders-lost-ark-movie-screencaps_com-1819.jpg

raiders-lost-ark-movie-screencaps_com-1820.jpg

Seems you need a giant leather bound bible too. And of course glasses.

Thanks man. I'm waiting to see if Egon's glasses will be sold separately. I think I found a suitable brief-case that I can easily convert.

There were a number of WW2 German officer figures with briefcases almost exactly like that.. double strap closure with the metal clasp centered on the bag..

Back