1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No,

After it's all said and done, the only thing worthwhile about the DX05 are the extras. The boots are pretty good as well as the accessories, except the whip, but the head and clothing need to be replaced.

You'd be paying $400 for the boots and the accessories. The pants are okay, but the shirt is bad. . . tailored oddly, it's got padding sewn into the shirt, so the already too big muscle body makes the whole figure even more oddly proportioned.

You'd probably end up paying $600-ish to go the custom route and end up with a much better figure. That's if you can score the Yunsil set near original cost.

With the DX05, you'd pay $400, and still have to pay another $300-$400 to replace the clothes and head.

I just purchased a DX05 from a fellow member, I've been searching for one at a decent price for years, I haven't received it yet but really excited about getting it, kind of bummed to hear about the clothing though.
Is there a "recipe" for the making the best looking Indiana Jones?

I just purchased a DX05 from a fellow member, I've been searching for one at a decent price for years, I haven't received it yet but really excited about getting it, kind of bummed to hear about the clothing though.
Is there a "recipe" for the making the best looking Indiana Jones?

From the dx05, my indy is only using the base body, shoes, bag and pistol. The rest is custom made.

DX05 is fun......but outside some of the accessories is never going to be a great looking Indy really. I learned the long and expensive way that the custom stuff is way nicer.

When I got the DX05 back in 2012 , I was blown away by the quality and presentation of the packaging and accessories. It was good for it’s time but very much outdated now.

Hot Toys definitely need to revisit Dr Jones.

Many thanks to Jeff Vargas for selling me his Inigou V2 un-hatted Indy sculpt. Looks great on my Streets Of Cairo Indy :yess:

C0D70012-33C9-4F13-97D0-7E3BD2F3C948.jpg

Looks good man. Sadly when I bought one of those heads from him, he sent me a horrible cast with irreparable pitting and damage all over the face "hidden" under a thick coat of primer...

I purchased this custom figure on eBay, I haven't received it yet. The seller didn't know who had made it, can anyone recognize what sculpt it is or what jacket that might be? Is it a Inigou? I know it's hard to tell from pictures, but I appreciate any help I can get.

s-l1600111.jpg

s-l160033.jpg

s-l160022.jpg

Last edited:
Ok thanks, I knew someone here would know. So I bought a recast, ugh,that's not too good huh?

And that definitely looks like a Hot Toys jacket to me.

The shirt & satchel are from the Sideshow Temple of Doom figure, but I can't see anymore of the figure than that...

As far as they go, that's actually a perfectly serviceable sculpt. The paint and sizing is actually quite good. That jacket is Hot Toys. Everything else is sideshow, pretty sure.

Thanks fellas, so it's decent sculpt then?

Here's another picture that shows more. Let me tell you I watched Raiders again after many years and got bitten by the Indiana Jones bug. I bought a DX05 and this custom figure in less than a week, lol!

s-l160066.jpg

Yeah its a decent head. Better sized than the original MJchoi sculpt it was casted off of. Again, the paint is pretty good as well. I kicked myself for not buying it when it was readily available as It's becoming harder and harder to find now.

Yeah its a decent head. Better sized than the original MJchoi sculpt it was casted off of. Again, the paint is pretty good as well. I kicked myself for not buying it when it was readily available as It's becoming harder and harder to find now.

Owned one and sold it. Wasn't a fan. Looked too much like George W Bush to me...

I just got my hands on a DiD coleman satchel. Man its awesome just needs a better strap. Mfisher is my hook up.

Back