1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8c78f6b3302d121340fe33bd0741d60b.jpg

d222be6b51582413cbef885dd47358e9.jpg

Think I've defeated the dubya likeness, now to repaint/replace the fedora and get me one of those sweet Kato jackets [emoji2]

That looks fantastic. I have this sculpt as well on my DX05. Very happy with it however I went back through the thread and did not see this addressed anywhere: how are you guys attaching the new headsculpt? The original DX05 head has an integrated post that cannot be re-used; it comes off with the head. The headsculpt I received did not come with a post. Right now i've got it held on with friction which is great for micro adjustments because I can just lightly lay it on for a slightly elongated neck or really push it down to shorten the neck. This headsculpt has really made me enjoy my DX05 even more! Just wish it was a little more secure.

That looks fantastic. I have this sculpt as well on my DX05. Very happy with it however I went back through the thread and did not see this addressed anywhere: how are you guys attaching the new headsculpt? The original DX05 head has an integrated post that cannot be re-used; it comes off with the head. The headsculpt I received did not come with a post. Right now i've got it held on with friction which is great for micro adjustments because I can just lightly lay it on for a slightly elongated neck or really push it down to shorten the neck. This headsculpt has really made me enjoy my DX05 even more! Just wish it was a little more secure.
Pull the core out, attach it to the neck peg then place the head on it

Pull the core out, attach it to the neck peg then place the head on it

Head Peg.jpg

Appreciate the response but not quite sure I understand as I'm not familiar with switching out pegs, post, joints on 1/6 bodies. Attached is what I have. DX05 head on left and new head on the right. DX05 post does not look like it comes out of the head. No post came with the new headsculpt. I've heard of people using bluetac or putty to stick the head onto the neck but I would like a more substantial method but without doing damage? Thanks.

EDIT: Just saw your response to another member about pulling the plug out of the headsculpt with pliers and setting it on the neck peg but how does that work with no ball? Do you get a full range of motion like a ball joint?

Appreciate the response but not quite sure I understand as I'm not familiar with switching out pegs, post, joints on 1/6 bodies. Attached is what I have. DX05 head on left and new head on the right. DX05 post does not look like it comes out of the head. No post came with the new headsculpt. I've heard of people using bluetac or putty to stick the head onto the neck but I would like a more substantial method but without doing damage? Thanks.

EDIT: Just saw your response to another member about pulling the plug out of the headsculpt with pliers and setting it on the neck peg but how does that work with no ball? Do you get a full range of motion like a ball joint?

Pull the socket out of the neck in the body and attach it to the ball joint on the head sculpt (you'll need a barbell joint). Now you can drop the head with the socket into the body and it'll be secure but not fixed too low.

You could always just roll something into a tube and connect the two halves that way. Should still allow you enough range of movement. Or you could probably find some other parts around your house to engineer something better. In this hobby you sometimes have to MacGyver things a little in order to fix problems.

Edit:
Or, you know, you could do the thing that Kuat said. :D

You could always just roll something into a tube and connect the two halves that way. Should still allow you enough range of movement. Or you could probably find some other parts around your house to engineer something better. In this hobby you sometimes have to MacGyver things a little in order to fix problems.

I used a pen top on mine. Blue tacked at both ends, with the open end pushed over the ball joint in the body.

davejames said:
Edit:
Or, you know, you could do the thing that Kuat said. :D

:lol

Pull the socket out of the neck in the body and attach it to the ball joint on the head sculpt (you'll need a barbell joint). Now you can drop the head with the socket into the body and it'll be secure but not fixed too low.

Ahhh I see. Will try to track down a barbell joint but I'm guessing they're not standard across all 1/6 manufacturers and it looks like I will need one with two different size balls on each end. If that doesn't work will definitely have to get creative and MacGyver it like davejames said. Thanks for the tips.

Back