1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't it Indy's misunderstanding that a certain tribe wanted to remove when he was talking about past adventures to Chattar Lal in TOD?

That's the one, someone chimed in and said "I heard it wasn't your head." to which I think Indy replied "It was my.. misunderstanding.".

I just picked up the 'treasure hunter' sculpt..it's a pretty good likeness and the paint apps are excellent.. but as others have said the ears are HUGE..so i pinned them back,darkened the beard and added a little sweat around the face... View attachment 283674

I've got all the same pieces sitting on a body right now. It's not a perfect likeness but for $40 it really is a stellar value considering those apps are near-HT quality.

Did you just use boiling water for the ears?

It's the Inigo V1 where I see Driver.

I really like the Inigo V.1 (my fave custom head so far) but to me it does have a bit of Jake Glyenhaal at times, and looks a touch Asian in other pics. Depends on the paint-up.

No i went a little more extreme with the ears...i cut into and removed a thin slice of the plastic from behind each ear then after adding a small drop of gel glue into the recess.. pushed/flattened the ears back into place. Boiling might work for a while but plastic will always return to its original molded state

^^ Looking good. The sweat does help a little.

No i went a little more extreme with the ears...i cut into and removed a thin slice of the plastic from behind each ear then after adding a small drop of gel glue into the recess.. pushed/flattened the ears back into place. Boiling might work for a while but plastic will always return to its original molded state

Yeah, I was looking to do the same thing but the ears are pretty attached to the hair at the top - a bit more surgery than I anticipated. I did the same thing with the SSC German Indy and it improved the head a lot. And yeah, I always say boiling works great to restore distorted plastic to its original shape but not so much for distorting a plastic piece.

20160805_112918.jpg

20160805_112749.jpg

Hi there, new to the board but have been reading a while. This is my Indy, a combination of sideshow TOD and the DX05. Hope the images work okay.

finished applying the dressing on the Kato jacket... also got a TOD shirt replacement.

Thanks to kamveitch and other fellow members for the advice.

image.jpg

I just picked up the 'treasure hunter' sculpt..it's a pretty good likeness and the paint apps are excellent.. but as others have said the ears are HUGE..so i pinned them back,darkened the beard and added a little sweat around the face...

That looks pretty much perfect to me.

It paid off, that's for sure.

Back