1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those interested here's a repaint of the old SS indy hat next to the HT...i really like the wider brim and overall shape of the SS and it looks great on this sculpt. Again a nice alternative...

Yeah the crown might not be tall enough, but I really love the lopsidedness of the brim which gives it a lot more character and makes it feel more "Indy" to me than some of the other hats which just look way too new and symmetrical.

ind.JPG

The crown still looks off on the SSC hat. I don't think that was ever Trev's intention, more the way SSC cast it.

Yeah, I like that sculpt but find the stumpy crown to be really distracting. I took that hat and heightened the crown and it really looks quite nice. It is a bit big, but for slightly larger heads like that MJ recast, it works.

Here's a custom holster i've been working on...cut from an old 'tan brown' leather wallet. I used fine sandpaper to dull/weather the leather back.I still need to restitch and refine the shape a little more...View attachment 285603

Nice leather work but it's a little large/elongated for ROTLA (looking more like the longer TOD holster) but the issue is if you want it to be practical - ie hold the pistol - it has to be a bit oversized/elongated. I also built a ROTLA holster but in the end figured I didn't need the pistol to be able to sit inside - It's one of those times where the limitations of 1/6 come into play.

He only has it zipped in the Raven Bar if I'm not mistaken and he's not wearing his MKVII bag.

Yeah no bag in those scenes - he must have left the bag back wherever he was staying in that two building village.:lol

One of my Indy's is in jacket-zipped mode along with "collar up" Toht. Love that scene.

I like the HT glove hands but they are pretty oversized, but it kind of works with the slightly oversized MJ recast head. They do need a repaint though - not sure where HT got that dark greenish brown color ref from.

He's got the jacket zipped up during the truck chase too. I've tried to get that zipper closed on the HT figure but I can't seem to get it to catch!

Nice job, Matrix! The figure looks great!

pics of Matrix's Indy were here, saves space if you don't repost them

Great looking Indy there, the SSC hat does seem to work. If that is the SSC revolver, be very careful with it. The safety catch and hammer are all part of the same mechanism, mine fell apart and I still can't get it back together again.

Back