1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's here! I'm going to get remeed for this, ( Rory! :wink1:) but so what!
IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1349.png

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1367.png

Last edited:
hey guys, new to the forum, but not new to painting and building crap, so here goes, these are some of my repaints. What do yall think?

please note that some of these have been mistaken for greggos heads, they are not! My style is heavily influenced by him though and i use the same paints(gw). I have painted all these for bmarz so he can attest that they are not greggos heads
-hoyt

some more pics, hope you like em, i look forward to anything anyone can help me do better, you never stop learning

hey guys, new to the forum, but not new to painting and building crap, so here goes, these are some of my repaints. What do yall think?

please note that some of these have been mistaken for greggos heads, they are not! My style is heavily influenced by him though and i use the same paints(gw). I have painted all these for bmarz so he can attest that they are not greggos heads
-hoyt

:lol Welcome LordRagnar! I admire your efforts :clap I love your Prof. Jones and the Nazi guy (I can't remember his name in the TLC) but you got his look down! :lol

Thank you so much, dude that means alot coming from you, your stuff is awsome!! What do you do for a final sealing coat, dude your skin has like a glow and translucent quality that looks real. Thank you so much i look forward to doin more of em, i would love to take a stab at the hot toys dx, ive seen one close up(its like the holy grail of indy collectors), and what yall have done with it makes it look amazing!

Thank you so much, dude that means alot coming from you, your stuff is awsome!! What do you do for a final sealing coat, dude your skin has like a glow and translucent quality that looks real. Thank you so much i look forward to doin more of em, i would love to take a stab at the hot toys dx, ive seen one close up(its like the holy grail of indy collectors), and what yall have done with it makes it look amazing!

It's all Photoshop!...just kidding :lol
I use a mixture of different wash techniques using a gloss varnish that is similar to Dull Coate, but not as risky, but it is watered down so it doesn't clog up in the facial structure. yet still protects the final results. :)

And I agree that the HT piece is the holy grail at least IMO, but can be one of the best customization pieces a collector can own if they attempt to try the process that many including me, do in the effort to bring out the essence of Ford in the figure, at least as Indiana anyway. :yess:

Hope you like this one, I added more of a dirt look to my jacket
IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

Last edited:
dude, freakin awsome, looks really good, i always thought most figures are under weathered, i mean in some scenes indy is like pigpen, lol hes got a cloud of dust flowing off him. Wonder if i can get bmarz to let me take a stab at his dx indy? hmmmm. . . . .

LordRagnar, nice work on those heads! I'm seriously loving Henry Jones Sr!

Guyver, amazing gear set and I like the weathering on the jacket!

thanks indyfreak! Yeah bc of all the character of older gents they are a blast to paint. I i kept feeling the need to say "junior" in a connery accent while i was painting it, as crazy as it sounds i think that helped:lol. And man i wish i knew how to weather real cloth items like gyver, his clothing and stuff is unreal(the good kind of unreal) awsome stuff

Started weathering, dust and dirt..
Still didn't get chance to take some daylight pics.
3-6.jpg
1-6.jpg

Looking great as always Rory! Man I wish my SS jacket was that detailed looking like your Kato or your SS version. :thud: Oh well, I got to work with what I got, but it still works.

@ LordRagnar - Im pretty sure you could easily do great weathering, judging from your painted head sculpts.

thanks man, yeah i can weather resin and styrene alright, but when it comes to cloth im just so unfamiliar with it. I supposse thats why i am here as well, everyone is always so helpful when it comes to trying to expand my technique, and btw im working on an ultamate cyberdyne showdown termie(the m134 minigun is my holy grail of my real gun collection, she will be mine, oh yes she will be mine). I would like to pick your brain about it if u have a chance

Okay decided to dirty the gloves for an experiment, like in the desert chase what do you think! I extremely apologize for my crappy pics, I'm really working on getting a new camera. So I'm using my Iphone. :thud:
IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1381.png

IMG_1383.jpg

Last edited:
Back