1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah bmarz you crafty devil, i see, your just going to act like you dont want me to do it, that way ill be practically begging you :rotfl

started working on your 1/4 scale pistol too, gonna be fun, still trying to figure some things out, i want you to be able to pop the cylinder out and in, not very hard, im just trying to figure out if i can make scale removable brass rounds, once again, not very hard, but im still :cuckoo: over the thing

And wow, those gloves look freakin real, dude you have so much skill in cloth items its ridiculous

Quick one of my repainted Indy with SS jacket and holster. Will take better pics later.

indy.jpg

crow thats freakin awsome!!!! what all did you do to it, and crap that leather jacket is the bees knees!!! she weathers up real nice

I just repainted the head, basically added some color to his face, darkened the beard a bit and added a layer of sweat. I may go back and lighten the beard up some, though.

The jacket and holster were MonkeyRobotMaster's, and I have no idea what he did to weather them. They were already done when I bought his old SS Indy from him. Here's a full shot.

photo1.jpg

I just repainted the head, basically added some color to his face, darkened the beard a bit and added a layer of sweat. I may go back and lighten the beard up some, though.

The jacket and holster were MonkeyRobotMaster's, and I have no idea what he did to weather them. They were already done when I bought his old SS Indy from him. Here's a full shot.

photo1.jpg

That's a full on beard dude. At least it looks that way in that shot.Has kind of a Mystery of the Blues feel to it.

His stubble in raiders was JUST shy of a beard. Hard to capture without overdoing it. :D

Thanks! I like the bearded look too, but with this sculpt there's so little room between "That's Harrison Ford!" and "Wait, that's Harrison Ford?" that it's really hard to capture when you're painting. The darker beard seems to highlight the problems with the bottom half of the sculpt. In person it's really not a big issue, but cameras don't help the figure at all. It's kind of crazy just how much disparity there is between seeing it in person and looking at a picture.

Here's an update on mine after the weathering, still going to add more, it's getting there almost to the point where I'm satisfied :slap

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

Decided to add more sweat to the neck and chest, in case I have the courage to try a TOD version.
IMG_1399-1.jpg

Last edited:
Some more, I'm trying so hard not to lose the likeness of Ford on mine, I'm trying my best not to lose the intensity in his face, but it's a challenge! Mike's gear is really helping me out though in a huge way! It looks better in person, I know it's hard to tell![/B]
IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

I'm discovering if you show more of his hair, the likeness starts to come out more, at least that's what I think
IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1403.png

IMG_1403-Version2.jpg

I'm really enjoying the Mfisher gear! Thanks again Mike! :clap Superb!:clap
IMG_1412.jpg

Last edited:
Guyver: looking good!

Finally finished painting. Think I got everything blended, shaded and detailed to my liking. Flesh tone's always tricky. What do ya think? The lighting isn't perfect, it makes things a tad too reddish, but it's close enough.

indy3-1.jpg

Guyver: looking good!

Finally finished painting. Think I got everything blended, shaded and detailed to my liking. Flesh tone's always tricky. What do ya think? The lighting isn't perfect, it makes things a tad too reddish, but it's close enough.

indy3-1.jpg

Looks good Crow! Don't feel bad about the thick beard I tried it at first as well, so I redux mine a while back before I added the sweat. At first I thought the thick beard was the way to go, but then when I started to add the redness wash to his face I really lost his likeness :thud: and I took a gamble and decided to redux the beard, then I realized the lighter the beard, the better.

What I also noticed was the eyebrows needed to be darker as someone has attempted on theirs, then I really noticed how intense you can make his face, which worked out well while adding the sweat to certain contours of his face. :lecture

It also helps to bring out the likeness if you position the PERS in certain angles as well.

Last edited:
hemble: Thanks man. :)

guyver: The thing with the beard is the mustache is very squared off, and if you follow the factory paint, it really makes his entire mouth area look too large. If you taper the edges of his mustache down along his smile lines, it really makes a difference in the framing of that area and gives it a less boxy look, for lack of a better term. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it right, but hopefully you get the idea. The beard alters his facial structure a hell of a lot if you get it too thick, and even the factory paint suffers from that. It feels less organic and more painted-on.

Here are a few more with the hat and the whole figure put together. The hat itself makes a huge difference in the sculpt as well.

indy4-1.jpg

indy5.jpg

indy6.jpg

I've never photographed a sculpt that is so tough to capture in all my years of collecting. I can look at it with my own eyes, then photograph it from the exact same angle and distance and it looks completely different. It's a nightmare to try to capture.

hemble: Thanks man. :)

guyver: The thing with the beard is the mustache is very squared off, and if you follow the factory paint, it really makes his entire mouth area look too large. If you taper the edges of his mustache down along his smile lines, it really makes a difference in the framing of that area and gives it a less boxy look, for lack of a better term. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it right, but hopefully you get the idea. The beard alters his facial structure a hell of a lot if you get it too thick, and even the factory paint suffers from that. It feels less organic and more painted-on.

Here are a few more with the hat and the whole figure put together. The hat itself makes a huge difference in the sculpt as well.

indy4-1.jpg

indy5.jpg

indy6.jpg

I've never photographed a sculpt that is so tough to capture in all my years of collecting. I can look at it with my own eyes, then photograph it from the exact same angle and distance and it looks completely different. It's a nightmare to try to capture.

I completely understand what you mean Crow about the beard lines, It was all trial and error for me, before I got it the way to look where I was happy with it.:)
It's looking great Crow.

This sculpt is a puzzle in itself that certain angles you see a likeness to Ford and then you don't, it's a mystery for sure. but as far as figures go, it's still my favorite portrayal of Indy that I ever owned to this point. If you want to get it even more of a style to ROTLA, try to dirty up the shirt more especially around the collar, that made a huge difference in the fit of mine to the jacket. just a suggestion

Last edited:
Back