1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job, Crow! Really brought out the likeness I never thought was there! :clap

For you and those that have been repainting: are you guys painting over the little eyelashes when you lighten the guyliner? Are you guys doing a complete repaint to the face, as in, covering pretty much all the flesh?

Great job, Crow! Really brought out the likeness I never thought was there! :clap

For you and those that have been repainting: are you guys painting over the little eyelashes when you lighten the guyliner? Are you guys doing a complete repaint to the face, as in, covering pretty much all the flesh?

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, I actually like the factory paint scheme that HT did on the structure of the head. All I tried was to accent the facial regions more by using a more reddish wash for the cheeks and raised areas, and then added a subtle use of varnishes to bring out that sweat look more.

Again I can't say for the others, but I personally kept the eyelashes on mine, because it didn't seem to bother me. The guyliner was originally there on mine, but it wasn't as thick , so I just used a light combo of flesh and red in a wash and brushed it over the bottom eye lids. It covered it well enough that it didn't clog or thicken the lids, but it did just enough to blanket the guyliner so to speak.

Thanks guys.

What I did was basically simply improve on HT's factory paint. The vast majority of the work was basically mixing some flesh tone and red paint and drybrushing it over the guyliner and most of the face, which added a more realistic tone to the flesh and covered most of the dark paint around the eyes. I took a very small detailing brush and painted the eyelids with the same flesh tone/red mixture to eliminate the dark eyelash paint and give the eyes a more natural look.

Sometimes, if I drybrushed the paint on too thick, I just wet it a little bit and spread it evenly around the area to keep it from clumping up. For the beard, I basically did a very, very light blackwash on the textured areas and drybrushed some light brown over that to give it depth. I washed some red onto the lips and then drybrushed light flesh tone over that because the brown lips didn't look right to me.

Basically I just added depth and a bit more detailing to the existing paint job, then I brushed a light amount of sealant/varnish over the sculpt to give it a sweaty look.

Thanks guys.

What I did was basically simply improve on HT's factory paint. The vast majority of the work was basically mixing some flesh tone and red paint and drybrushing it over the guyliner and most of the face, which added a more realistic tone to the flesh and covered most of the dark paint around the eyes. I took a very small detailing brush and painted the eyelids with the same flesh tone/red mixture to eliminate the dark eyelash paint and give the eyes a more natural look.

Sometimes, if I drybrushed the paint on too thick, I just wet it a little bit and spread it evenly around the area to keep it from clumping up. For the beard, I basically did a very, very light blackwash on the textured areas and drybrushed some light brown over that to give it depth. I washed some red onto the lips and then drybrushed light flesh tone over that because the brown lips didn't look right to me.

Basically I just added depth and a bit more detailing to the existing paint job, then I brushed a light amount of sealant/varnish over the sculpt to give it a sweaty look.

Wow great description to your process Crow! and oddly familiar to what I did with mine :) I'm going to try the drybrush flesh on the lips, thanks for the information. :yess:

No problem, glad to help! Also, check it out...better lighting! :lol

indy10.jpg

indy9.jpg

indy8.jpg

indy7.jpg

No sir, that's an old SS Indy jacket from their ROTLA figure. It was originally on MonkeyRobotMaster's customized version of that figure that I bought from him, but I took it off and used it and his old holster that he also weathered on the HT figure.

No sir, that's an old SS Indy jacket from their ROTLA figure. It was originally on MonkeyRobotMaster's customized version of that figure that I bought from him, but I took it off and used it and his old holster that he also weathered on the HT figure.

I see, I figured it was a SS jacket...but it has additional weathering? I'm trying to figure out the best way to weather my SS jacket...I've never weathered one before. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I honestly don't know what he did, everything was already done and weathered when I got it. As best I can tell, he may have drybrushed it or something, but I have literally no experience working with clothing.

I see, I figured it was a SS jacket...but it has additional weathering? I'm trying to figure out the best way to weather my SS jacket...I've never weathered one before. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

If you know about drybrushing try that. I started with drybrushing Desert sand on mine in most of the areas, then I rubbed most of it off using water so it leaves that worn residue look. I might try some brown like I stated before.
IMG_1418.jpg

now that is awsome!!!! dude you made that sculpt look soo much better. I too struggled with the various brown and blue tones and how to apply them when it comes to his beard. I finally found a happy meduim and series of layers(only like three) to achieve a pleasing effect. Really awsome work guys, yall sling brushes very well around here:clap

Hi,my name is Salvador and for some time i have been reading your posts and checking your progress with this figure,but i think that the main problem is the pers,so i casted the head and did some "suregery"
in the eyes area,removing the pers,reesculpting eyes and painting them instead..
well.i think improves likeness,but i leave the shot for your consideration.

So my Raiders Indy is finished at last. These are raw daylight pics. Sitting on my desk.
A breakdown:
HT Goemon body.
HT head, "restructured" and repainted
HT Hat, Shirt, Pants, shoes repainted, glued and modded.
HT shoulder bag, repainted and modded.
Sovereign jacket, dusted up.
MFisher belt, whip, holster.

Now onto TOD Indy!

8-3.jpg

3-7.jpg

1-7.jpg

12-2.jpg

11-2.jpg

7-5.jpg

4-5.jpg

9-2.jpg

Last edited:
This was mentioned before, but adding just the sheen of sweat to the head improves the look. Of the lastest HT releases this one out of box looks the most plastic and unlife-like.
Great job Rory!

Hi,my name is Salvador and for some time i have been reading your posts and checking your progress with this figure,but i think that the main problem is the pers,so i casted the head and did some "suregery"
in the eyes area,removing the pers,reesculpting eyes and painting them instead..
well.i think improves likeness,but i leave the shot for your consideration.

awesome idea! :)
Can you post more pics?

Back