1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
perhaps it's the angle, but mfisher's paint apps bring out the Ford. Sorry, venakin, but the paint apps look off. Again, it could be the angle.

I think I remember seeing mfisher's Indy on OSW a while back. It had magnets in the feet for posing. Awesome piece.

heres some better pics.

Picture001-15.jpg

SST's extra hat for fun.. (gonna go felt hunting tomorrow to make my own fedora.

Picture005-12.jpg

Picture004-14.jpg

Great paint work, especially on the stubble. Nice and subtle on the pastel shading too.

The super tall neck and round squat face gives that sculpt a strange look though.

Nice weathering on the hat, too. Is that the Frontlines?
Thanks... acrylics with pastel dusting if you're curious.. and yup.. its a frontline fedora.. i actually carved the fedora off of my sideshow Indy head to use one of these ( which are a bit more accurate due to being taller) Carving that hat off was a pain.. but Trevor's headsculpt is going to be PERFECT with the other fedora.. can't wait to get that one painted up !

Trevor's is THE best Harrison Ford likeness I've seen [in 1:6 scale].

Don't know who that other sculpt is supposed to be. ;)

I only wish they kept the sculpted neck and made the hat (I think its called the brim?) a bit taller..

here it is FINISHED, sealed and glossed.

Picture027-3.jpg

Picture029-2.jpg

my god I love this sculpt..

Question: the revolver and not the clip one goes in the gun holster, right? Reason I ask is 'cause the one from SS seems too large and I'm planning on doing one with a better scale. Now, as I'm looking at the revolver it seems to fit just fine in the SS holster. Those of you that resized one did the revolver fit?
planning on using this pattern:
2a7de8k.jpg

Here's pics of my custom Indy. Sorry about the image quality (iphone), but I wanted to take a couple of quick shots and this is all I had time for.

Thanks to Kuato for the AMAZING repaint! And thanks to mfisher for the beautiful custom leather belt. I replaced the sculpted gloves with some DID gloves and Hot Toys bendy hands. Everything is loaded onto a TT body. I did some light weathering on the jacket and still need to do some on the rest of the outfit.

All I need now is the Sovereign Studio jacket by Shawn and this bad boy will be complete.

INDY_1.jpg

INDY_2.jpg

INDY_3.jpg

Yeah, Michael did a great job on that belt. The buckle is made out of nickel. I'm probably going to be getting a couple more from him for other Indy customs. I would recommend his work to anyone who really wants to plus this figure.

Also, these photos really don't do the repaint justice. Here are some nicer photos that Chris took of the head before he sent it out. You should see this thing in person.

Picture_2191_2_.jpg

Picture_2192.jpg

I think the main thing hurting the figures appearance generally is the neck...when clothed the figure looks hunched and weedy...

Ford had a strong looking neck in those days, and the jointed neck looks too puny for his face...the only solution for me will be to sculpt a fixed neck, sacrificing movement for realism.

Here's a quick paintshop comparison..

Picture-3g.jpg

Back