1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Custom Indiana Jones Base

I have been amazed at the various repaints and I thought I would contribute my own customization. I knew I would never be able to repaint the head with any success, but I thought I would take a stab at creating a custom base.

I love the base for the Premium Format figure, and wanted something approximating it for my 12" Indiana Jones since I currently can't afford his "big brother." I created the floor design in Photoshop and attached it to a precut wooden base.

Let me know what you think. Anyone interested in one?

That looks great. It does look to thin imo-you might try to double the thickness by adding a second base on the bottom. Did you use a home printer or Kinko that?

I don't understand all that fuss about Arnie Kim's Indy HS. Sideshow's sculpt is almost perfect (OK, painting is NOT!) but Kim's HS is REALLY OFF! It looks like a knock off of Toys Mc Coy's HS, only worse! I don't see Ford's likeness in it! The face looks squat and blotted, not at all like Indy!
... just my opinion of course!

He stole Ford's likeness man. He didn't have permission to use it, the pieces were clearly product being displayed at a booth at SDCC until removed because they were unauthorized sculpts of an actor's likeness. Personally, he could've gotten the same attention by taking the authorized sculpt of Bruce Lee and putting him in several different outfits spanning his acting career (that's what he did with Harrison after all). I'm sorry if you can't see that your hero isn't as kosher as you'd like. Stealing a likeness is still stealing. And because of that, he has absolutely no rights to control the sculpt from being recast.

Well, I am no lawyer and am no going into legal arguments.
All I say it still is wrong to recast his work as he did not offer it commercially but to a inner circle of firends.

I also think other sculptors who offer their skills on this forum will be pleased to know they must have an authorization of the people they are sculpting or they are, using your words, thieves.

All I say it still is wrong to recast his work as he did not offer it commercially but to a inner circle of firends.

I also think other sculptors who offer their skills on this forum will be pleased to know they must have an authorization of the people they are sculpting or they are, using your words, thieves.

I'm sure they already know that. Anyone who's been collecting for more than 5 minutes knows about likeness rights.

I love the base for the Premium Format figure, and wanted something approximating it for my 12" Indiana Jones since I currently can't afford his "big brother." I created the floor design in Photoshop and attached it to a precut wooden base.

Looks damn good for a cut & paste job :rock

I don't understand all that fuss about Arnie Kim's Indy HS. Sideshow's sculpt is almost perfect (OK, painting is NOT!) but Kim's HS is REALLY OFF! It looks like a knock off of Toys Mc Coy's HS, only worse! I don't see Ford's likeness in it! The face looks squat and blotted, not at all like Indy!
... just my opinion of course!

Yep. Trevor's sculpt is the definitive Indy. It's the "end game" if you will :lol

That looks great. It does look to thin imo-you might try to double the thickness by adding a second base on the bottom. Did you use a home printer or Kinko that?

I agree that the base is a little shallow. I will see if I can increase the depth of the base. I printed it off on my home printer.

Looks damn good for a cut & paste job

Thanks! Took awhile to create the design in Photoshop, but it was definitely a fun project.

It's called private commissions. But let's look at that for a sec. Okay, by that rational, if the commissioner is recasting the commission they paid for, which is the only way it would've come out of his "inner circle :lol," Arnie has no rights to that either, anyway. That's like a Sideshow employed sculptor suing Sideshow for mass producing their sculpt.

So I guess what I'm ultimately trying to figure is, what's your intent in continuing to do this? What's your point other than running around accusing people, who're making some fabulous customs in their own right, of supporting recasters?

Last edited:
It's called private commissions. But let's look at that for a sec. Okay, by that rational, if the commissioner is recasting the commission they paid for, which is the only way it would've come out of his "inner circle :lol," Arnie has no rights to that either, anyway. That's like a Sideshow employed sculptor suing Sideshow for mass producing their sculpt.

Your multiple accusations against users that are polluting this forum aren't even valid. If Arnie even had rights to the initial sculpt maybe, but he doesn't. So I guess what I'm ultimately trying to figure is, what's your intent in continuing to do this? What's your point other than running around accusing people, who're making some fabulous customs in their own right, of supporting recasters?

I have not had any intentions "polluting" this thread.

If I give my opinion these recast are trash and don't show any respect for the artist work, you see this as a accusation, I don't.

It is clear to me you hold another ethic than me and it is better for me to stop discussing this with you.

anyways back to the pictures.. finnally got it painted up.

Picture007-8.jpg

check out the process at my customs thread.

prior to the paint apps it did resemble Ford, but now it doesn't.
the mouth and the eyes look off.

Thanks for posting an image in the IMAGE THREAD.

:banghead

:lol

They seem to go together now that you mention it...

prior to the paint apps it did resemble Ford, but now it doesn't.
the mouth and the eyes look off.

I've gotta disagree. Prior to SS's release, I would've crapped my pants over that figure. Literally.

Looks good.

I traded some belts some time ago for a few resin Arnie Kim heads.. as stated earlier in this thread, up until the Trevor Grove ford head the Arnie head was one of the best ( if not THE best) Ford likeness out there.. here''s mine painted up..

d06.jpg

Back