1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the above work that you see in the photos is so good, that it crashed the Sideshow Freaks forum for 36 hours ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of the latest things I have been working on for my custom 1/6 Indy collection. I thought I would have some fun with the poison arrow heads and make some based on other movies as well as movie accurate ones for my Raiders temple diorama.

Attachments

• 20190327_174319-1.jpg
    20190327_174319-1.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 178
Hey guys, been a long time here, but this is my first post! (I think).

Anyways, I want to build my own custom Indy figure. I only have the old 12" talking hasbro version, but I always wanted something better. But the price point of those awesome figures that have come out since (hot toys, sideshow) has been too much for me.

So what do you guys recommend? What body, jacket, head sculpt, whip, etc? I'm thinking I can use the shirt, pants and boots of the hasbro one and just dirty them up. As you can probably guess, I'm also on a very, very tight budget here... but I think slowly get the parts needed.

Thanks!

Hello Spinc.

I think you have a good start with the Hasbro stuff. I am in the process of having that jacket on all my main Indy figures. I glue the collars down, add a silver zip and attach the buckles on the back. The Hasbro shirt is what I also have on a few of my Indy figures. It is nice and tight fitting although should probably be more grey/white in colour.

As for bodies I use the ZC Toys muscular on all my Indy figures. Check out my gallery images to see what it looks like.

I still think the MJ Choi shrunken head is the best sculpt although obviously that is just my opinion. The Treasure hunter sculpt also looks really good with a repaint.

The Inigou hat is the one to get although the DX one also looks really good.

Are you looking for a standard looking Indy custom figure or one from a certain movie, Indy with the black tie in Last Crusade or ripped shirt and trousers in Temple of Doom etc?

Hey, thank you for answering!

My Hasbro jacket unfortunately started to peel and literally went to pieces. So I am looking for a replacement, would like it a bit more softer looking.

That body looks great! Yeah I think that's the one I want. Do you have any recommended sites that sell it, or any trusted ebay vendors?

Woah that MK Chi HS is incredible! I would love one, but looking through the 'bay, I mostly seem to find this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-Indiana-Jones-Raiders-of-The-Lost-Ark-Head-Sculpt-4-A-Lot-Unpainted/392247618870?hash=item5b53c7ad36:g:FsoAAOSwO7Ncc7hJ

Which one is that?

And yeah I mostly want a standard Indy. If I had to pick a movie, it would be Raiders, when he looked younger.

Sorry man, I'm pretty new to the 1/6 world, but I have a couple of questions...

How does the Hasbro pants fit in that body? Do they look good enough? I mean they do look pretty nice by themselves...

Where could I get those head sculpts?

Thank you for taking the time to answer!

Btw, your Indy collection is awesome! The figures look great!!!

No problem Spinc. I only started putting my Indy collection together about a year and a half ago and am still learning things but if I can try and help others out I will.

For the body I just type in ZC Toys muscular on ebay and go from there.

That head is a recast of the Sideshow TOD Indiana Jones I think. I picked one up last year that was painted. It is quite a small head. The MJ Choi is huge in comparison with the Treasure Hunter being slightly smaller and the shrunken MJ Choi even smaller than that. The TOD head I got is smaller than all of them.

For the other sculpts you should keep checking ebay as they do pop up from time to time.

I have taken some pictures for you Spinc of the ZC Toys muscular body with the Hasbro jacket, shirt, trousers and boots and the TOD head. The neck looks quite big with the small head and the trousers are a tight fit (for Indy they should be baggy looking) but I think it looks ok. The hat is from a bunch of unpainted ones I got online a while back which I painted and fitted a black ribbon round.

I hope this helps you out some. If you have any more questions or want to bounce ideas off me just private message me.

Attachments

• 20190328_115642-1.jpg
    20190328_115642-1.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 20190328_115647-1.jpg
    20190328_115647-1.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 20190328_115737-2.jpg
    20190328_115737-2.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 20190328_115748-1.jpg
    20190328_115748-1.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 130
No disrespect to anyone in this group, but seeing those Hasbro clothes makes me want to cry! It’s like taking the hobby back 10-15 years and into the dark ages!

There is MUCH better gear available for reasonable prices these days, so why compromise? I’ve built many Indys over the years, some for less than £100, some for £700+, so there are options for everyone, depending on how much you want to spend.

I still think that the best starting point for building a decent Indy on a budget is to source a reasonably-priced Sideshow Raiders figure and then start swapping out various parts, starting with the body & head (the rest of it is actually pretty decent).

Finally, be aware that these custom sculpts + professional paint-job will run you anywhere between £150 and £450 (just for a head!!), so if you’re building on a tight budget, then they are absolutely out of the question. Some of them have been re-cast in China and sell on eBay for very low prices, but they are very much frowned-upon and tend to cause quite a stir on this forum if anyone posts pics with a recast head...

Anyway, whatever way you choose to go, enjoy the hunt and the adventure! Fortune & Glory! :wink1:

68F667BB-A2E7-482A-9DE7-4FD5A38AE99E.jpg
4434809D-A54C-4305-B92C-D5FE8239247B.jpg
53CA9FBD-A260-4D92-BBF4-137D64E36A6C.jpg

Yeah, starting with a Sideshow Raiders Indy, especially if you can find one on auction and get it for $50-$75 is a really good place to start.

Gents, what is the best way to add sweat to a Indy shirt?

Thank you
I use chalk pastels for mine. Just get the fabric wet with either water or alcohol. I use water because it doesn't dry as fast. Gives me more room to work with. Then brush it on. Add more for darker dirt and grime. tapatalk_1553809671924.jpegtapatalk_1553809678841.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gents, what is the best way to add sweat to a Indy shirt?

Thank you

You need to shape before sweat, I would suggest pump non aerosol hairspray for that. I just shaped my Streets of Cairo Indy’s shirt yesterday...

d8436415d4c57f591d51a56eb5efed81.jpg

And thanks for the previous advice, have him on a thinner body (like only $29. from eBay).

And, right back out there to everyone, what is a good way to do sweat?

No disrespect to anyone in this group, but seeing those Hasbro clothes makes me want to cry! It’s like taking the hobby back 10-15 years and into the dark ages!

There is MUCH better gear available for reasonable prices these days, so why compromise? I’ve built many Indys over the years, some for less than £100, some for £700+, so there are options for everyone, depending on how much you want to spend.

I still think that the best starting point for building a decent Indy on a budget is to source a reasonably-priced Sideshow Raiders figure and then start swapping out various parts, starting with the body & head (the rest of it is actually pretty decent).

Finally, be aware that these custom sculpts + professional paint-job will run you anywhere between £150 and £450 (just for a head!!), so if you’re building on a tight budget, then they are absolutely out of the question. Some of them have been re-cast in China and sell on eBay for very low prices, but they are very much frowned-upon and tend to cause quite a stir on this forum if anyone posts pics with a recast head...

Anyway, whatever way you choose to go, enjoy the hunt and the adventure! Fortune & Glory! :wink1:

View attachment 448710
View attachment 448711
View attachment 448712

What did you use to weather your Indy’s jacket? Looks great [emoji1303]

I use chalk pastels for mine. Just get the fabric wet with either water or alcohol. I use water because it doesn't dry as fast. Gives me more room to work with. Then brush it on. Add more for darker dirt and grime. View attachment 448756View attachment 448757

Honestly, your TOD Indy looks incredible. Could you please take a picture of the brand of the chalk pastels that you are using and post it ...

Honestly, your TOD Indy looks incredible. Could you please take a picture of the brand of the chalk pastels that you are using and post it ...

Thanks man [emoji106] It's been a long road to getting him to look that great [emoji38]
Honestly I don't remember the name of the brand but it comes in a set of Browns and Grays. Here's a pic of the set
Thank you. That is a piece of art!
Thanks man! [emoji109][emoji95][emoji106]20190328_194953.jpeg

Back