1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks great Timemeddler. What did you do to the jacket? It looks like you have applied some kind of finish to it.

Thanks Faststreets. I'm getting better at it!

I understand some people don't like those who sell recasts but I just posted this info for anyone who might like to pick up a decent Connery head for their collection who doesn't have already have one or wants to paint one. I have three of the Sideshow versions and they are now quite expensive to buy online.

I suppose, on here, it would depend on who sculpted it. If it was by Inigo, BBKill or anyone else that has sold stuff through here then it's a bit of a no no. They're a bit of a minefield sometimes. Unlicensed artists don't have intellectual property rights, but they still don't like having their work copied as it's felt that it's undermining them.

Very tricky

That looks great Timemeddler. What did you do to the jacket? It looks like you have applied some kind of finish to it.

Thanks!

Yes, I did. It’s the Hot Toys jacket that I painted and then sealed with a couple of coats of Matt acrylic varnish. I then gave it a light weathering pass.

The jacket was starting to crack anyway, so I needed to do something to rescue it, and I had successfully used this technique before on my Premium Format Raiders Indy, so I knew this would work. I also think it improves the look of the jacket massively, so it’s a win-win situation!

Very clever. I think that looks great. It really makes it pop. I have a few of those jackets and one now has terrible cracking on it. I was going to use that for a FUBAR custom Indy where he would have a black eye and bloodied face etc.

My latest Indy items made with Super Sculpey and then painted by myself.

Attachments

• 20190320_161715-1-1.jpg
    20190320_161715-1-1.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 121
Thanks guys. That means a lot on this board.

I am going to see if I can make something a bit bigger now for a Raiders display.

I figured I would try and make a background similar to the temple from the opening to Raiders. I won't make it exactly like it is in the movie as it would be too big but I will try and replicate the art style and some of the features so I could have it as a background for a Raiders display.

I have already started working on the floor plates and have sculpted one of the heads that the arrow shoots out of. Worryingly it seems that each of the heads is unique from each other.

The floor plates seem to be arranged in circular layers surrounding the idol altar but I am not sure if I will do the same or just make a standard square floor for a display case and have the altar rest on top. Much like Indy I am making it up as I go!

I will sculpt a few more heads and then do some of the strange seat things that seem to be around the altar.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Attachments

• 20190321_010111-1.jpg
    20190321_010111-1.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 185
I figured I would try and make a background similar to the temple from the opening to Raiders. I won't make it exactly like it is in the movie as it would be too big but I will try and replicate the art style and some of the features so I could have it as a background for a Raiders display.

I have already started working on the floor plates and have sculpted one of the heads that the arrow shoots out of. Worryingly it seems that each of the heads is unique from each other.

The floor plates seem to be arranged in circular layers surrounding the idol altar but I am not sure if I will do the same or just make a standard square floor for a display case and have the altar rest on top. Much like Indy I am making it up as I go!

I will sculpt a few more heads and then do some of the strange seat things that seem to be around the altar.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Looking good!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuck,

Lots of great advancements here, and lots of people doing amazing projects.

The Jacket is from Kato Work, if you don’t know his stuff he is like the Armani of 1/6th scale. I think his list is full, but I’m not him and don’t represent him, you can easily find him on Facebook.

There is another person doing a shirt, pants and jacket project, Luisenigma1 is your point man for that project.

I would also look on eBay for these:

Yunsil Indiana Jones (clothes set)

Jnix Indiana Jones (sculpt)

Inigo Indiana Jones (sculpt)

And last, but certainly not least, Mike Fisher is the one constant that everyone here can agree on, his 1/6th Holster and Gunbelt sets are the finest that I’ve ever seen (he makes really affordable whips too). Here is some of his recent work:

dc3ac229d6c1eac9d9b07a85f1b58ed8.jpg

6293de1437c654b702e3394dfc4bc73f.jpg

Here is one of those recent sculpts:

6cce6f0a1d7396870a68126cb04ae09c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back