1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Ledger Joker was what ushered in Hot Toys as the new king of 1/6th beginning in 2008.

I wonder if this Ledger Joker is ushering in a new King in the making in 2022?
We shall see, Hot Toys didn't have themselves and JND actively competing for the top place back then haha, it will be very interesting to see how they and companies like Asmus and Threezero go forward with Queen Studios eating their lunch.

Poor JND btw, everyone forgot about them lol.

Truth be told as much as I like Ledger’s performance over time I’ve grown less fond of The Dark Knight. Had this come out a few years back even I may have been roped in by the ultimate version. Now though I have what I have and am content enough even though a new Joker is still tempting.
I still love the movie, but problem for me is I'm just not in a big TDK mood at the moment, and am much more excited and hyped up about the current movie and a potential Catwoman or Batmobile we might be getting. So as great as this looks, I'm not feeling enough of a desire or need to shell out this kind of crazy money right now.

Definitely.. the standard version alone raises the bar
true. I think the only thing that bothers me about the standard one is that you can see the seam lines where certain parts of the hair attach to the main sculpt like in the pic below. A minor nit for sure, and for some, that's a non-issue. For me, spending so much on this guy, that would bother me.

Also, if we want to get into the nitty gritty, I think the sportscoat is supposed to be more blue than QS have done, though I'm no expert. I've just seen that said before on other TDK Joker suit sets :lol could be the lighting though.
1RjahFc.jpg

true. I think the only thing that bothers me about the standard one is that you can see the seam lines where certain parts of the hair attach to the main sculpt like in the pic below. A minor nit for sure, and for some, that's a non-issue. For me, spending so much on this guy, that would bother me.

1RjahFc.jpg
Sadly that can't be avoided, these seperate pieces are best concealed in wavy and messy hairstyles, since Heath's hair is slicked back at the temples they can't mask the seperate parts, if this is being produced by DAM's factories like the rumors going around are saying I definitely expect a great tailored suit and gorgeous looking accessories but they lack in the sculpt department, their paint apps simply haven't reach that high bar yet, at least for me.

I still love the movie, but problem for me is I'm just not in a big TDK mood at the moment, and am much more excited and hyped up about the current movie and a potential Catwoman or Batmobile we might be getting. So as great as this looks, I'm not feeling enough of a desire or need to shell out this kind of crazy money right now.
Agreed. I may be more tempted to wait until InArts reveals their version of Pattinson Batman before ordering the Hot Toys version.

How do the magnetic stands work? I get that there are magnets in the shoes but sometimes figure knee joints aren't strong enough to hold a figure up even if the shoes were super glued to the ground. A stand almost always feels necessary.

Sadly that can't be avoided, these seperate pieces are best concealed in wavy and messy hairstyles, since Heath's hair is slicked back at the temples they can't mask the seperate parts, if this is being produced by DAM's factories like the rumors going around are saying I definitely expect a great tailored suit and gorgeous looking accessories but they lack in the sculpt department, their paint apps simply haven't reach that high bar yet, at least for me.
yup I totally get it. Like you said, it's unavoidable for this and it's super minor nit about the hair seams, b/c the figure will more than likely look great regardless, especially at viewing distance.

Interesting about the DAMToys production rumors. I have no problem with their paint apps personally though I agree that they aren't HT production level when it comes to real ppl. I thought their AC2 Ezio was pretty nice and looked better paint wise than the previous AC offerings, but yea still not HT level. Haven't had a DAMToys figure since then though.

Back