1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll probably lose it if they do DK Batman cause getting the DX19 for me would have been enough but NOW I already know how I'm going to feel about this figure. Lmao

Where are these prices coming from? These aren't up for preorder yet, right?

Well Hot Toys...
your-move-obi-wan-kenobi.gif
Hot Toys struggles to get the likeness down on Ledger, they’ve yet to do it imo.. but if it’s anything like their Gilgamesh figure QS has some competition

Well, glad I have a custom rooted hair head, because I'm certainly not buying the mega deluxe two pack. Might get the single figure, though, because the suit and sculpt look great, even with sculpted hair.

Where are these prices coming from? These aren't up for preorder yet, right?
From Queen Studios themselves, their prices are:
1. Purple Coat Sculpted Hair - $290
2. Purple Coat + Interrogation Sculpted Hair Ver. - $560
3. Purple Coat + Interrogation Rooted Hair - $950

Kit estimated the shipping cost which results in:
1. Purple Coat Sculpted Hair - $300
2. Purple Coat + Interrogation Sculpted Hair Ver. - $600
3. Purple Coat + Interrogation Rooted Hair - $1000

I really wish they had just shrunk down the 1/4 sculpt. That is without question the best ledger likeness ever. There have been endless ledger sculpts made both mass produced and custom and they were all lacking to some degree. They literally caught lightning in a bottle with the 1/4 sculpt. It looks like a screen capture from the movie. Why mess with it? Scale it down to 1/6 and be done with it. I mean maybe they did and the PERS are throwing it off? I'm not sure but something is definitely lacking in the 1/6 in comparison. (I'm talking sculpt not the hair)
View attachment 567516
View attachment 567517
It's probably due to PERS. PERS always brings the likeness down on any sculpt, it's unavoidable unfornately.

Doesn't really bother me though. It's a great looking sculpt regardless.

Judging by that comparison picture you posted, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a shrunken down version. It's all in the eyes though and that's what's different between the two.

Last edited:
It's probably due to PERS. PERS always brings the likeness down on any sculpt, it's unavoidable unfornately.

I think PERS is a bit overrated tbh, if done well it can look great but for me most of the time the eyes lose some of the life you achieve with a normal sculpt.

Judging by that comparison picture you posted, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a shrunken down version. It's all in the eyes though and that's what's different between the two.
It does. To me, it seems to do more with the eyelids than the eyes themselves. It's like they have to have them open more for the PERS to work or something, plus the eye lids end up being sculpted thicker than they should be. But like you said, the sculpt looks great still.

Yeah but Kit's prices already include shipping.
True, and his deposits are usually pretty reasonable.

I think PERS is a bit overrated tbh, if done well it can look great but for me most of the time the eyes lose some of the life you achieve with a normal sculpt.
It is overrated. Any sculpt with PERS never looks quite as good as a sculpt without it but it's a gimmick that a lot of people seem to like so we still see it done.

PERS is exactly what ruined Asmus Gandalf sculpt and it's why they abandoned it with their upcoming Gandalf The White. Then again Asmus has their own problems besides that so it's not really all on the PERS fault there.

That deluxe set is really going to rope in the people that have been salivating over all those nice customs for the past 10 years but couldn't justify the cost or couldn't afford it. It is expensive but you DO get two figures for a fraction of the price.

Precisely.

The last Ledger Joker figure I bought was the original Bank Robber Joker. :lol

Always wanted a better one, but HT kept releasing more and more, every time I thought I'd pick one up people said another was on the way. So I never ended up getting any DXs, nor customs. For 14 years.

Having saved all that money on Jokers over the years, I figure I might as well splurge now.

It is overrated. Any sculpt with PERS never looks quite as good as a sculpt without it but it's a gimmick that a lot of people seem to like so we still see it done.

PERS is exactly what ruined Asmus Gandalf sculpt and it's why they abandoned it with their upcoming Gandalf The White. Then again Asmus has their own problems besides that so it's not really all on the PERS fault there.

I agree. I could have went without it, but the sculpt does still look great. If any figure benefitted the most from PERS though it would be the Nicholson Joker.

That deluxe set is really going to rope in the people that have been salivating over all those nice customs for the past 10 years but couldn't justify the cost or couldn't afford it. It is expensive but you DO get two figures for a fraction of the price.
It's a great price considering what's included. All the rooted custom 1/6 Joker sculpts I've seen have gone for around $800-$1000 (sometimes more) and that's for the sculpt work alone. Then you have to go for another $600 for a good tailored outfit from Yunsil/IRIS/Toribox.

Getting two full figures with two rooted sculpts for around $1000 is a great offering. This will be the one and done Ledger Joker figure to have on the shelf for many, myself included.

Yea last Joker I had was DX01. Before that, like many, I had the original BR with the V1 clothing. Ended up giving my brother the BR and selling the DX01 for an inflated price :lol always thought about a fancy custom but $1000 just for the sculpt was always insane to me (still is, for right now at least). But the super deluxe gives you basically two "custom level" clothed figures for the price of 1 custom, rooted sculpt alone.

EDIT: @Hologram AI beat me to it

Back