1/6 IN-FAMOUS - Infinity War - Shadow Void (Proxima Midnight) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My figure has her right breast….. umm… lopsided. Like when they put the suit on it flipped up.
Any solution?

Pics? If it’s the cheap body I think it is, the breast should be an overlay that you might be able to shimmy back down.

Got her today. I swapped her hands out for slightly larger ones, but beyond that I did no modifications. Her torso could be a tad longer but otherwise I think she looks OK. She is a bit short (scale looks off when compared to Ebony Maw) but she towers over the standard HT female figure, so I'll be posing her with my IW Black Widow & AoU Scarlet Witch. Here's a quick shot of her in a detolf with my Endgame BW for a height comparison. When I have more time to do some rearrangements I'll get her set up with the aforementioned figures.

Proxima_1.jpeg

Last edited:
The body on this looks absolutely atrocious. In addition to the crazy long legs, there are the wonky bulges, pencil thin arms and a droopy butt—which is only exacerbated by the form-fitting outfit. Once I see what body other folks end up successfully using I'll swap it out. It's never going to be a great figure because there are just way too many issues (smallish head sculpt, pointy chin, tiny hands, so-so costume, etc.). However, I'll be satisfied with the purchase if I'm able to eventually get it to be a good figure.

InFamous/Toys Era really missed the mark with this one. They go from a great figure like Ebony Maw to a substandard Proxima Midnight. Assuming they're also behind Urus Toys and producing the Corvus Glaive figure, they really need to get their head back in the game because Glaive looks even worse than Proxima. All they had to do was copy the Hot Toys prototype, which was pretty much perfect. Instead, the Urus Glaive is poorly sculpted, terribly proportioned, and the outfit is ridded with inaccuracies. While I POed Proxima as soon as the figure was announced I held on Corvus and will definitely wait for in-hand reviews.

It's possible that whoever is now making the decisions is more focused on churning out poorly designed, cheaply made figures of popular characters in order to quickly rake in profits. Maybe they think that the brand name shell game will shield them from any reputational fallout. I also wouldn't be surprised if key personnel responsible for sculpting, art direction, and quality control are no longer there. It's not a huge community, so it's really not that difficult to find out who's behind these releases. Most 1/6 collectors will only get burned once or twice before they start to look more closely under the hood. If this is indeed the case, Toys Era (regardless of whatever brand names they try to hide behind) will run its reputation into the ground.

My mind is blown by Justin calling the head sculpt "awesome". It looks nothing like her. Just look at a scene from the movie, Justin. Any scene will do. Maybe he can't see past the makeup and the horns? This is a terrible likeness.

So I received mine yesterday. The body is horrible and definitely needs a body swap. Many of the issue stated above are exactly right. On mine, the right breast is larger than the left. Obviously the legs are way too long compared to the torso. I also feel that not only are the hands way too small, but so are the arms.

I personally don't mind the head sculpt, but I see why others don't like it. The transition between the sculpted and rooted hair bothers me. The suite and its look also works for me. The bulkiness of the body also stands out horribly like someone else mentioned.

One thing that I have not seen mentioned but everyone should be aware if getting, is the staff is a very cheap and flimsy plastic. I was looking it over and barely moved the end and it completely bent over. I moved it back a d I could tell it weaked at a spot and is about to break in half if I move any more. It's cut in on both sides for dimensions causing it to behave like the old plastic racks that held all your weapons together in the package of the old 3 inch GI Joe. You bent them back and forth a couple times and they came apart. That's how this weapon feels in hand, so be careful.

I have never done a mod before, but I definitely want to use this to try for the first time. Just need to find out what body I need to get.

Attachments

• 20211230_225323.jpg
    20211230_225323.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 20211230_225226.jpg
    20211230_225226.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 20211230_225137.jpg
    20211230_225137.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20211230_225246.jpg
    20211230_225246.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 20211230_225042.jpg
    20211230_225042.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 64
So I received mine yesterday. The body is horrible and definitely needs a body swap. Many of the issue stated above are exactly right. On mine, the right breast is larger than the left. Obviously the legs are way too long compared to the torso. I also feel that not only are the hands way too small, but so are the arms.

I personally don't mind the head sculpt, but I see why others don't like it. The transition between the sculpted and rooted hair bothers me. The suite and its look also works for me. The bulkiness of the body also stands out horribly like someone else mentioned.

One thing that I have not seen mentioned but everyone should be aware if getting, is the staff is a very cheap and flimsy plastic. I was looking it over and barely moved the end and it completely bent over. I moved it back a d I could tell it weaked at a spot and is about to break in half if I move any more. It's cut in on both sides for dimensions causing it to behave like the old plastic racks that held all your weapons together in the package of the old 3 inch GI Joe. You bent them back and forth a couple times and they came apart. That's how this weapon feels in hand, so be careful.

I have never done a mod before, but I definitely want to use this to try for the first time. Just need to find out what body I need to get.
Thanks for the review. I should have mine in a couple of days. Unfortunately, not much of a choice in the market for those wanting to have The Black Order in 1/6.

Any thoughts on which body replacement we should use for this one?

The figure is too skinny that why it looks weird with the long legs and small arms. As long as they make the other black order members right all is good.
20211231_130135.jpg
20211231_133431.jpg

Last edited:
I'm of two minds on this, it's a good representation overall but the proportions are off by a lot. The other part is that the character in infinity war seems weirdly proportioned especially in the wakanda fight scene so I guess it evens out.

Thanks for the review. I should have mine in a couple of days. Unfortunately, not much of a choice in the market for those wanting to have The Black Order in 1/6.

Any thoughts on which body replacement we should use for this one?
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it for what it is. It's the only one we will get of her. The more I mess with her the more it's not the legs that bother me, it's actually the arms that make everything seem more off. They need to be longer and thicker. She looks better when you pose her and put her with Thanos and Ebony Maw.

Someone posted what looks to be a pretty nice fix on Facebook (although the neck looks a bit too long). One Sixth Republic
He said he’s using a TBleague suntan muscular body 23. The final size looks pretty good and the proportions are much better. Doesn’t look like he swapped out the hands yet. Head is still too small but maybe someone will eventually make a properly scaled one. Not sure if the link will work so am attaching a couple of photos below. These are not mine. You’d have to look at the guy’s mini tutorial.
37392801-DC26-467F-8759-3CFFAE4A75BA.jpeg
9128BBA2-9C5A-4C98-B00D-467E51E2AA09.jpeg

Approximate height from a dead-on straight shot.

Does anyone have comparison pics with Loki? Is it Maw who is overscaled or Proxima Midnight underscaled or both?

Thanos_%26_Black_Order_Teleport_%28Statesman%29.png
Loki_and_The_Black_Order.jpg

I just finished with my body swap to the S23B body. It was not easy. I had to mod the head by dremeling out the head's old connector inside the head so I could use a regular Phicen neck connector. The suit was a pain getting it on the arms. I had to wrap cellophane on the arms and it was still hard but achievable. The suit's arm are really skinny. The legs were easier. To get the boot feet on, I first tried ankle extensions. I must only have male ones because they did not fit right at all. So I heated up the boot on the ankle for about 40 seconds then pushed in on and it seem, to stay. I have not done a complete height comparison. Just quick one with other female figures. The boot feet are a little taller than normal boots, so you get some more height from those. It's too late here but I will try and get some pictures up as soon as I can. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back