1/6 IN-FAMOUS - Infinity War - Shadow Void (Proxima Midnight) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they had used a KO version of the Captain Phasma body this would have probably been a serious B+ A- figure. Here’s the Phasma body next to it. Not sure if the suit will stretch enough, plus the sleeves don’t seem long enough for the Phasma body either.
253F9662-2EE2-4624-B211-89EAD5EA5544.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, I’ve come to terms that I’m not going to own the Black Order in 1/6 scale. Too much investment for decent (at best) figures…

I generally don't mind doing the body swap, but Phicens aren't cheap and this character is probably my least favorite of the Order (never cared for her movie design much)... and without a guarantee that I'm getting all 4 figures of the Black Order, I don't feel I want to spend well over $200 for Proxima. The other issue was the reveal of another potentially sub-par figure, Raven Blade.

Worst case, they make Cull after all, and I have Ebony Maw and Cull on my shelf.

If they had used a KO version of the Captain Phasma body this would have probably been a serious B+ A- figure. Here’s the Phasma body next to it. Not sure if the suit will stretch enough, plus the sleeves don’t seem long enough for the Phasma body either.
View attachment 553416
That might be a solution IF the outfit stretches enough to fit. It actually looks like it would be a bit taller and the longer torso and broader shoulders would probably match the proportions even better. I don’t know if I’d want to risk it myself. Also the tiny head would still be an issue. The good news is there are already some improvement options emerging.

Here are few pics of the TbLeague S23B body swap. It's kind of a work in progress. I might try one more thing to get a little more height on her. I will post mor pic later.

DSC01019 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC01018 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC01017 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC01016 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC01014 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC01013 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC01010 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

I generally don't mind doing the body swap, but Phicens aren't cheap and this character is probably my least favorite of the Order (never cared for her movie design much)... and without a guarantee that I'm getting all 4 figures of the Black Order, I don't feel I want to spend well over $200 for Proxima. The other issue was the reveal of another potentially sub-par figure, Raven Blade.

Worst case, they make Cull after all, and I have Ebony Maw and Cull on my shelf.
So is infamous making more figures??because the raven blade is too small !! Toys battalion figure scales are weird to me(king pin).

So is infamous making more figures??because the raven blade is too small !!

I don't know. Some people think the company making Raven Blade IS Toys Era. I son't personally think so. But yes, I also got the feel he's too small also. Which would really create problems finding a tall, skinny body as a replacement.

No, I'd say better over-pay later and know what you're getting rather than pay now, buy bodies, do work, just to find out you've reach a dead end or an incomplete Black Order.

I don't know. Some people think the company making Raven Blade IS Toys Era. I son't personally think so. But yes, I also got the feel he's too small also. Which would really create problems finding a tall, skinny body as a replacement.

No, I'd say better over-pay later and know what you're getting rather than pay now, buy bodies, do work, just to find out you've reach a dead end or an incomplete Black Order.
I heard toys battalion same people who made the oversized kingpin.

Maybe, like I said, I have no idea. I understand that Toys Era is In-famous... and Dark Toys is Redman...

Asta here keeps track I think. Kit also probably knows, not sure if he can say though.

Maybe, like I said, I have no idea. I understand that Toys Era is In-famous... and Dark Toys is Redman...

Asta here keeps track I think. Kit also probably knows, not sure if he can say though.
Justin stated in one of his videos recently that Toys Battalion was Toys Era. I'm starting to have second thoughts on keeping my pre-order for Corvus Glaive after how Proxima turned out. Proxima is salvageable, but I'm not too sure Corvus will be if he turns out even worse than the prototype.

This looks………weird.
Yes, but IMO doing the body swap trades one issue (short torso) for another (pin head effect). The TBLeague body has broader shoulders as well as a long, slender neck which makes the sculpt look undersized (it's borderline as it is on the In-Famous body). I think putting her in a more dynamic pose helps to somewhat camouflage her odd proportions. Here she is posed side-by-side with IW Black Widow (obviously I need to find BW's batons as they shouldn't both have Proxima's spear lol).

Proxima_2.jpeg

I also found a wide angle view of them battling in the movie, which if you zoom in on shows her proportions to be not all that different to what In-Famous delivered.

elvin-siew-lrm-export-29091269547153-20190616-143314346.jpg

I’m hoping that isn’t the case as well. The Raven Blade proto is atrocious. Urus could be an unaffiliated company trying to slip in and hop on the coattails of the InFamous releases. Maybe I’ll ask on of the dealers if they know. Toys Era/InFamous could rebound from this subpar Proxima Midnight release with a solid Corvus Glaive followed by a great Cull Obsidian. They should also make a properly scaled Proxima head sculpt available, but I know that’s too much to expect.

That's a really odd shot -- I mean, look at Black Widow's proportions. They all look odd in that CGI-scape... not how they look 99% of the time.
Yeah, that looks like BW & Okoye’s stunt doubles combined with the CGI rather than the actual actresses. But my point was Proxima looks weirdly lanky there, and I recall her looking that way more than once. She’s only shown head-to-toe a few times & her physique wasn’t consistent, so I’m okay with how she looks posed with my Black Widow. However I do wish she and Ebony Maw looked better together - that’s when the figure looks too slight (both the body and head sculpt).

Back