Action Figure 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden (Inferno Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If in all the in-hand pictures we have seen the closed visor wasnt attached correctly id be super happy. It just isnt sitting right, even in the new pictures above. Its not how it sits on his head. It's kind of whats holding me back from wanting a 2nd figure. I cant justify 2 modes of display if 1 of them looks wrong.

I cant see it happening, but once the full figure is released if there ever was some loose raiden heads on ebay id consider modding one to purely fit the visor flush.

Its hurting my chances of getting this figure for the visor alone. I could somewhat justify 2 different versions of the figure, in 2 different modes. Because they have 2 different swords too. But the closed visor so far sucks.

I think it's just improperly attached.

In the first figure's proto the visor is above the mouth like it should be.

It doesn't look too bad from those new pics, but I would've much preferred an EX White version, instead. Having the contrast of black (in the regular figure) and white would go so well together in a display.
totally. I've heard people say the same thing on the PAKs.

That said, now we gotta look at the mark up for the inferno. Coming with the Murasama does help imo, imagine if he didn't come with it.

I just realised that the closed visor that comes with this version is better than the one that comes with the standard figure. I prefer the digital look of this one

I just realised that the closed visor that comes with this version is better than the one that comes with the standard figure. I prefer the digital look of this one

Yeah I pointed that out a few posts ago. The flat look isn't all that great.

I'm... so conflicted right now. I was going to pass on this easily, but it comes with the cool visor with the digital readout that's missing from the regular figure (kudos to Plis for first noticing that). Lord, help me.

I'm... so conflicted right now. I was going to pass on this easily, but it comes with the cool visor with the digital readout that's missing from the regular figure (kudos to Plis for first noticing that). Lord, help me.
That and the fact that he isn't even any higher( to my surprise) than the original's price tag, makes this a very hard pass....

I keep thinking, maybe the visor will be sold separately on eBay like many other HT pieces, but...this'll probably still have a high mark up

I must admit, if i had the money spare id probably order it right now. He looks like if Ferrari made an exo-suit. But i think ill try to let rational get in the way and wait until i have the regular Raiden in my hands first.

Very conflicted with getting this version..Do hot toys exclusive items sell out fast? I am new to collecting hot toys so I have no idea :/. Also, does anyone know of any coupons for sideshow that I can apply for preorder products? I have never really PO'ed from them before. Thanks :)

Sometimes they do sometimes they don't.

Last year's stuck around for a few months, but eventually they were all gone. The biggest discount they ever got was free shipping and double rewards, and I'm pretty sure that was just for BR Joker.

The only exclusive I can think of that SS literally had to start giving away was Angelica from 2012.

Codes generally don't work on new pre-orders.

Sometimes they do sometimes they don't.

Last year's stuck around for a few months, but eventually they were all gone. Even the BR Joker everyone was whining about (including me).

The only exclusive I can think of that SS literally had to start giving away was Angelica from 2012.

Codes generally don't work on new pre-orders.
Thanks for the reply man, appreciate it. Is sideshow the only place that sells these 'toy fair' exclusives?

For NA yeah.

HK has Toy Hunters I believe.

I think Japan has a store for EX too, not sure.

I'm not too sure about Raiden selling out, mostly cause of his price tag. The others weren't that wanted, I know that much.

Probably safest just to wait. If it sells out and goes on waitlist just jump on immediately... fast waitlisters are pretty much guaranteed to get a fig.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I love this figure. About to make my first Sideshow purchase, import tax be damned.

Back