1/6 Hot Toys - TMS003 - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How hard was it to get the suit on the body?

The pants go on pretty easily. The jacket/top is a huge pain in the ass to put on and take off. I had to take it on and off a couple times to add padding to his chest and back. The waist part of the jacket got stretched, but if you add padding to the waist and stomach area it will probably not be noticeable.

The captain america body/ steve rogers body is actually not large, it's a pretty standard sized ttm 19 like body, with slightly larger arms.

jakethesnake said:
I bought the suit and head parted out, put them on a captain america body. Doesn't look too bad, the jacket top got stretched a little around the waist.

More pictures?

Edit:
The captain america body/ steve rogers body is actually not large, it's a pretty standard sized ttm 19 like body, with slightly larger arms.

What would be the closest current stock body to the ttm 19 that doesn't have the sculpted neck?

edit 2: Researching ...

jakethesnake that custom comic DD is really cool!

got a $20 code with mine, looks good have not unboxed yet.

More pictures?

Edit:

What would be the closest current stock body to the ttm 19 that doesn't have the sculpted neck?

edit 2: Researching ...

Thanks illproxy! I still need to finish painting the head.

As for the body comparisons, I think the nick fury body from winter soldier doesn't have a neck, but you'd need to swap out the arms on it because those are as skinny as the stock dd figure.
You still need a lot of padding to fill out the suit if you use a larger body as the suit is sort of boxy and needs padding to have a more fitted look.
Here's a the size next to winter soldier. I don't have the dd boots yet, and the ankle pegs are too long so he's a bit too tall. He's not steroidal, his shoulders are just broader and arms are thicker.
From reading posts, people are saying he's too skinny, his arms are too skinny, no v shape, etc etc. So at least people can see what swapping the body out looks like. It will probably never have a good v shape as the top is very boxy. And the head is too large in general.
2017-10-17 19.40.40.jpg

I bought the suit and head parted out, put them on a captain america body. Doesn't look too bad, the jacket top got stretched a little around the waist. View attachment 372280

From reading posts, people are saying he's too skinny, his arms are too skinny, no v shape, etc etc. So at least people can see what swapping the body out looks like. It will probably never have a good v shape as the top is very boxy. View attachment 372326

As a custom without buying the whole figure making use of an extra Cap body and parted out clothes head and hands I think it looks great, but you are right that a body swap in itself doesn't really fix the issues people are having. Plus on Cap's body in particular he looks too tall. I'll leave mine the way it is, but thanks for posting pics of what a different body looks like under the clothes, and great job of bashing a figure together from parts.

If you modify the head so it sits a little higher and pad the chest and traps, the stock body looks fine. Solves most of the main issues this guy has.

Mine arrived last night and just had a chance to get it out of the box and take a look. Unfortunately I need to do some rearranging to make space for him on my shelf so he'll be back in the box for a little bit, but I was happy with it after being able to see him in person. The head sculpt (facesculpt and helmet) looked great in hand (I love the red lenses in the mask) and the issues with his build not having broad enough shoulders, while still technically true, doesn't jump out as much of a problem in person. the suit itself though is both the greatest strength (after the superb helmet and facescult) and the greatest weakest. Even though I expected a limited range of mobility I was still surprised how tight the suit was and how limiting. I don't have AntMan that some have compared him to so this type of material and fit was new to me. I haven't actually tried to put him in any poses yet because he went back into the box but I can tell that even some of the limited poses on here must be pushing the flexibility of the suit to the limit. I'll just have to see how comfortable I am pushing it when I am able to display the figure. On the other hand, the look, tailoring, materials, and texture of the suit looks fantastic and this probably doesn't get pointed out enough. Regardless of our various opinions of the design the show uses the quality of the look of the figure duplicating the details of the costume is one of the best out of the Hot Toys figures I have. This is particularly fun because we don't get a great look of the details in the show because he is always running around at night and in the shadows so the figure actually gives us more than what we are able to see on screen without embellishing or drifting from accuracy.

It is not a perfect figure and because of a few noted flaws will never be considered for 'figure of the year' BUT it does live up to a level of impressive quality we have come to expect from Hot Toys overall. I am glad I purchased this figure and have no regrets what so ever. As a fan of the DD show, and the Frank Miller run in the comics, I am happy to have this as this figure as my representation of DD on my self. On a side note I think he is going to look great with my WS Black Widow figure; just one of the possible display options I am considering.
Are you going to be getting the 1/6 Kingpin figure to pose with your DD? I'm considering it.
https://www.monstersinmotion.com/ca...he-boss-1-6-scale-figure-by-toy-works-p-23913

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That does look great Jake. How did you get the suit on or off? Don’t see anyway way to remove it to swap the body or to pad it.

Thanks illproxy! I still need to finish painting the head.

As for the body comparisons, I think the nick fury body from winter soldier doesn't have a neck, but you'd need to swap out the arms on it because those are as skinny as the stock dd figure.
You still need a lot of padding to fill out the suit if you use a larger body as the suit is sort of boxy and needs padding to have a more fitted look.
Here's a the size next to winter soldier. I don't have the dd boots yet, and the ankle pegs are too long so he's a bit too tall. He's not steroidal, his shoulders are just broader and arms are thicker.
From reading posts, people are saying he's too skinny, his arms are too skinny, no v shape, etc etc. So at least people can see what swapping the body out looks like. It will probably never have a good v shape as the top is very boxy. And the head is too large in general.
View attachment 372326

I think he looks bad ass. Arms are a bit thicker than Charlies but he looks great!

That does look great Jake. How did you get the suit on or off? Don’t see anyway way to remove it to swap the body or to pad it.

I bought the suit parted out, so I didn't have to remove it from the original body. If you wanted to take the top off you have to start pulling his sleeves up and off the arms, which need to be positioned up above his shoulders. Then slowly pull the top up and off the body. It's certainly not easy.
If you can sew you can just pull the seams on his left side, and resew onto a new body.

I bought the suit parted out, so I didn't have to remove it from the original body. If you wanted to take the top off you have to start pulling his sleeves up and off the arms, which need to be positioned up above his shoulders. Then slowly pull the top up and off the body. It's certainly not easy.
If you can sew you can just pull the seams on his left side, and resew onto a new body.

Quoting so I can find this again. :) Seems like it would be easier (for me) to just pad the body it comes with. (If I end up getting it. Still undecided.)

Looks like the body is padded already?
TA says this is the body
_Daredevil body_Padded__61602.1507792017.1280.1280.jpg

but it looks very different here...
36764826030_c51e2b1d37_m.jpg

managed to slip a little padding down the sides to smooth out the big hollows in his hip joints that mine had , not sure its worth the effort :lol

different batches?

may I ask where you found that?

Back