1/6 Hot Toys - TMS003 - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine yesterday as well and I really like it, I do think the blood work could be better on the battle damaged head but that's super minor.

I opened mine yesterday, and also like this figure, but am annoyed at the body coupled with restrictions in poseability due to the suit. Less than ideal body, I can work with if I can pose him the right way. And restrictive suit I can accept if the body underneath works well enough. But both? Hard to get something I'm really happy with on display.

Daredevil Helmet.jpg I must have pressed down too hard on the back when removing.

View attachment 371249 I must have pressed down too hard on the back when removing.

wow, okay... interesting. Thanks for sharing. It's good to know to be careful with that piece. I don't know if they would replace it because it "broke" while you were handling it, but you could try; but then again it looks like it can easily be glued as its not so much broken as it has just come apart. Good luck, I hope you get the helmet back 'good as new' one way or the other.

Mine arrived last night and just had a chance to get it out of the box and take a look. Unfortunately I need to do some rearranging to make space for him on my shelf so he'll be back in the box for a little bit, but I was happy with it after being able to see him in person. The head sculpt (facesculpt and helmet) looked great in hand (I love the red lenses in the mask) and the issues with his build not having broad enough shoulders, while still technically true, doesn't jump out as much of a problem in person. the suit itself though is both the greatest strength (after the superb helmet and facescult) and the greatest weakest. Even though I expected a limited range of mobility I was still surprised how tight the suit was and how limiting. I don't have AntMan that some have compared him to so this type of material and fit was new to me. I haven't actually tried to put him in any poses yet because he went back into the box but I can tell that even some of the limited poses on here must be pushing the flexibility of the suit to the limit. I'll just have to see how comfortable I am pushing it when I am able to display the figure. On the other hand, the look, tailoring, materials, and texture of the suit looks fantastic and this probably doesn't get pointed out enough. Regardless of our various opinions of the design the show uses the quality of the look of the figure duplicating the details of the costume is one of the best out of the Hot Toys figures I have. This is particularly fun because we don't get a great look of the details in the show because he is always running around at night and in the shadows so the figure actually gives us more than what we are able to see on screen without embellishing or drifting from accuracy.

It is not a perfect figure and because of a few noted flaws will never be considered for 'figure of the year' BUT it does live up to a level of impressive quality we have come to expect from Hot Toys overall. I am glad I purchased this figure and have no regrets what so ever. As a fan of the DD show, and the Frank Miller run in the comics, I am happy to have this as this figure as my representation of DD on my self. On a side note I think he is going to look great with my WS Black Widow figure; just one of the possible display options I am considering.

The boots being two pieces is really putting me off of this figure. I get by doing that it allows for more range of motion and posing options, but if the suit restricts what you could actually have the figure do, why not go for a solid boot? Does anyone know of a 1/6 scale pair boots that could replace the ones that the figure comes with?

The boots being two pieces is really putting me off of this figure. I get by doing that it allows for more range of motion and posing options, but if the suit restricts what you could actually have the figure do, why not go for a solid boot? Does anyone know of a 1/6 scale pair boots that could replace the ones that the figure comes with?
I think my winter soldier has similar boots

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Has anyone glued their brick building bit to the black block yet? Kinda annoyed they didn't make it one piece.

I wouldn’t glue it together. You might not be able to get it back in the box if you needed to. Instead I would try magnets. A little more work but much more satisfying.

I got mine today. Glad I listened to post here as the pictures don't do him justic. I think he looks great in person. I was a little worried as only other figure I felt this was about was stealth cap and wasn't happy when I got him.

This figure would've come in really handy as reference a year and a half ago. There wasn't much to go on.
(some inaccuracies are artistic license though, like the almost impossible lighting) Still it's fun to see how close I got.

734951_10207813019695829_4567782421250450087_n.jpg

Back