1/6 Hot Toys - TMS003 - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From my Instagram [emoji106][emoji106]
2099bd2047e060c467a340502075b2ab.jpg

3597a92342a6bb77d2fc89babfe47503.jpg
4b1027bcbd52023cdbfb386d1ecfcce1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you say Luke Cage is worth the buy? The full figure?

There's a way I can convince myself to buy Daredevil.

Imperial Gunner dispatched today, giving me a $25 code. Freddy is meant to be dispatching 8th September, which will bump the code up to $50.

That might ease the pain.

^^didnt realize you can use two codes for one order. thought it was one or code or reward points.

^^didnt realize you can use two codes for one order. thought it was one or code or reward points.

These are the international stackable codes.

Each one lasts a month, and each successive code adds another month. But they only stack to a maximum of $50.

Awesome shots :clap

Since this is my first HT figure, I was wondering if I should keep this in a display case? Thoughts?

None of my NECA figures are in cases, but I use a wide case for my Mezco figures since their material/fabric is a little more prone to dust.

Since this is my first HT figure, I was wondering if I should keep this in a display case? Thoughts?

None of my NECA figures are in cases, but I use a wide case for my Mezco figures since their material/fabric is a little more prone to dust.

dust still gets in a case/detolf... dust is an easy fix... nothing to worry about.

Anything not in a case will get dusty. Cases can also protect from damaging light and unwanted touching/handling.

Yeah speaking of display cases, I don't know if I need one for my Hot Toys or not.

I don't keep them in direct sunlight and it's not very dusty here. I also don't have to worry about anybody touching them. Would a display case really only be for looks then?

I was in the same position as you a couple of years ago when I bought my first sixth scale figure. Now I have 14 figures (and others on pre order), so while I am by no means an expert, I've learned a lot from asking the same sorts of questions you're asking.

So I'll give you the rundown. A case is definitely a good idea because it will drastically reduce the amount of dust on your figure. Most cases will not completely eliminate dust, but a figure displayed in the open will need to be dusted very regularly.

Detolfs are a great choice if you have more than one item to display. Legends Studios also makes standalone cases with built in lighting designed to house single figures. These cases are great if you have a shelf or something to display them on, or if you don't have enough pieces to justify a detolf.

Regardless of how you display the figure, you will need to deal with dust from time to time. Gentle use of a (very) soft make-up brush is great for removing dust from a figure, particularly in small areas like the joints and face sculpt. A microfiber cloth is good as well, particularly for hard plastic. A miniature lint roller can remove dust from a figure's clothing. You can buy all of these things at your local Walmart, and Sideshow actually sells a cheap cleaning kit with exactly these items.

Keep your figure out of sunlight, as it will fade the paint and degrade the plastic. As your figure ages, you may find that the glue used to attach certain pieces or clothing may eventually fail. You can fix this easily with your own super glue, as long as you're very careful.

When posing the figure, make sure the parts aren't rubbing or scraping as this can cause paint rub. For example, when you turn the figure's head make sure it's positioned in such a way that the jaw doesn't rub against the neck during turning.

Finally, always read the figure's instructions from front to back. Hot Toys includes specific guidance for each figure that will help you avoid accidental damage.

Hope that's helpful.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Damn.

415b009123f4038ae6df9ca4baf9d65f.jpg

433f269fedbd16312b3bc38e6f1b6f30.jpg

To all those who have him coming - congratulations. You made the right decision!

I gotta say the figure actually looks better in the non-professional, cellphone shots.

For whatever reason the blogger/pro shots his face seems too fat and body seems smaller than head...but in those 2 photos, it actually looks great!

Back