1/6 Hot Toys - TMS003 - MARVEL: Daredevil - Daredevil Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of my figures are in neutral poses so it isn't a huge problem for me but I respect that a lot of people do like dynamic poses.

I'd prefer my Stealth Cap to have the ability for a more dynamic pose but the semi dynamic pose he is in now is suitable, and this Daredevil figure will be in a more "viewing the city for a rooftop" pose so the limitations of the suit won't be a deciding factor for me. I just love the look and the show so for me it wasn't going to be something that tilted the scale.

Last edited:
Most of my figures are in neutral poses so it isn't a huge problem for me but I respect that a lot of people do like dynamic poses.

I'd prefer my Stealth Cap to have the ability for a more dynamic pose but the semi dynamic pose he is in now is suitable, and this Daredevil figure will be in a more "viewing the city for a rooftop" pose so the limitations of the suit won't be a deciding factor for me. I just love the look and the show so for me it wasn't going to be be something that tilted the scale.

And with a neutral pose it could be possible to bulk up the body, fill out the suit and eradicate the wrinkles.

I think he looks fine as is but if your going to mod him i would not bulk him up. He is a slim guy maybe you could pull the suit in to make it tighter somehow.

I think he looks fine as is but if your going to mod him i would not bulk him up. He is a slim guy maybe you could pull the suit in to make it tighter somehow.

There might be an optimum pose that would succeed in pulling out the wrinkles.

The suit is tight, like a second skin:

daredevil-red-suit-netflix.jpg

On the figure it bunches up in places, as on his hips here:

20994071_1909124822687493_8967374565608407450_n.jpg

But not here, with the leg straightened:

21105934_1909124289354213_4641135877709926560_n.jpg

The shoulder seam creates a sharp angle, I'd be curious to see if putty could possibly round out/bulk up the shoulders. Adding just a little to the deltoids would also make the waist appear smaller by creating a larger shoulder-to-waist ratio.

As it stand though, I think it's a fantastic representation of Netflix DD. I think the sculpt is fantastic and really see Charlie Cox in it, despite some of the negative comments on it. As some have alluded to, it must be really difficult to scale down that type of skin tight, leathery looking suit. Deadpool has probably been the best so far. Being frank though, Netflix DD suit's design leaves much to be desired. HT did a great job with what they had to work with.

There might be an optimum pose that would succeed in pulling out the wrinkles.

The suit is tight, like a second skin:

daredevil-red-suit-netflix.jpg

On the figure it bunches up in places, as on his hips here:

20994071_1909124822687493_8967374565608407450_n.jpg

But not here, with the leg straightened:

21105934_1909124289354213_4641135877709926560_n.jpg
The way it looks, the suit bunches up if he's bend, which is to be expected. If you don't need a super dynamic pose, the suit looks fine here I think:

20992976_1909124506020858_4240635264897929688_n.jpg

You probably won't be able to get rid of all the wrinkles or you'll lose all articulation the torso still has. I think it's fine as long as the torso isn't bend. I'll probably pick a pose like the above.

Padding could help, as would changing the body although I'm not sure how easy it would be to get him out of the suit. If it's like Cap, he's gonna have a vest and an undershirt and it's gonna be hell getting those onto a body that fills it out better. :lol I say that after having finished my MoS Stealth Cap mod this weekend which is HELL. Seriously. If DD and his suit are anything like that, switching bodies might be awfully hard but who knows, maybe worth it. Charlie's got a nice V-shape so a body that has that but isn't as big could work. Black Panther's body could work ... then again, he could be too bulky. :gah: I guess we won't know for sure unless someone tries it out. ^^

Is there anyone currently working on a full Matt Murdock/Charlie Cox sculpt? I know there was some awhile back, but I can't find anything now.

Thought the Spider-Man: Homecoming (Deluxe) version would be my first Hot Toys figure, but I just pre-ordered this last week.

A little worried about the articulation but excited nonetheless.

Thought the Spider-Man: Homecoming (Deluxe) version would be my first Hot Toys figure, but I just pre-ordered this last week.

A little worried about the articulation but excited nonetheless.

welcome! As a new collector who apparently had Spider-Man on his mind when deciding to get into this hobby, but is now picking up Daredevil, I'm wondering where you see your collecting going?

My starting point was Star Wars and for the MCU stuff my first figure was First Avengers Cap. 18 MCU figures later, with 4 more on pre-order and waiting for like 3 more to eventually get made I am now thinking of where my MCU collection will be "complete" for me. (Of course then there is Star Wars and C stuff and other odds and ends I like too). But, I do wonder for those just starting out, also considering so many great figures have come and gone already, where do you see this going for you?

welcome! As a new collector who apparently had Spider-Man on his mind when deciding to get into this hobby, but is now picking up Daredevil, I'm wondering where you see your collecting going?

My starting point was Star Wars and for the MCU stuff my first figure was First Avengers Cap. 18 MCU figures later, with 4 more on pre-order and waiting for like 3 more to eventually get made I am now thinking of where my MCU collection will be "complete" for me. (Of course then there is Star Wars and C stuff and other odds and ends I like too). But, I do wonder for those just starting out, also considering so many great figures have come and gone already, where do you see this going for you?

Thank you for the warm welcome :wave

I am a huge Star Wars fan, too. Own most of the Elite Series ones for VII and a few from Rogue One.

Spidey figures were my calling to collecting, I have all sorts and started way back with the Raimi ones. I'm always collecting the latest figure put out by Marvel Legends, currently very invested in Mezo's One:12 line (own the standard Punisher, deluxe classic Cap. America, and standard Daredevil), a few NECA figures (Dark Knight Joker, Arkham Origins Batman, Mark XLIII Iron Man).

I've always kept up with Hot Toys and missed out on TASM 2 Spider-Man and AoU Cap, so now I am very much looking forward to my Daredevil and Homecoming figures.

Currently on pre-order: Mezco and NECA's Spider-Man (Homecoming version), Mezco's Deadpool (own this awesome variant as well), the aforementioned Hot Toys figures, and I look forward to how Thor and Hulk's Ragnarok Mezco versions turn out. Medicom's Dark Knight Batman and Batpod at the moment might be added to my list as well.

It's an expensive hobby, but I try to get the ones I like a lot. I'm sure I am a novice compared to most people here!

Welcome to the freaks board! Always good to see another big Spidey fan in here. Im collecting every Spiderman Hot toys puts out,huge fan of the character. This Daredevil will also be a nice addition to the collection!

A little disappointed with the figure but its the only one were going to get so :dunno

:exactly:

It's a shame.

He looks underwhelming, and maybe it's the video but his shoulders look narrow for his head.

I want him, and think I'll end up getting him. And then it's down to careful posing to get him to look the best he can. Or a body swap if the suit can be safely removed, to give him more of a V-shaped torso.

Back