1/6 Hot Toys - The X-Men License - Interview with Chan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't buy anything unless they got at least McAvoy and Fass involved, otherwise it would just be another 'meh' line that failed to climax. Would love to see some of the others, especially Blink and some of the future cast, but I want the heart and soul of the film before worrying about the flash and cool characters.

The fact that they already have the green light from some of the actors makes me think we’ll definitely get at least two figures/characters. They might want to release them around X-Men Apocalypse to capitalize on the hype.

Either way, if we get at least two figures, I’ll be satisfied.
This is what I'm hoping too. It seems like they got the green light from more than one actor/actress. A wolverine is a definite given their track record. Hope we get 70's Wolverine, Prof X and Magneto.

A 70s Wolverine would be my first choice (even though he wasn't front & centre in the movie). It'd save me having to buy MMS187 which I've been mulling over for a long time but just can't like that outfit even though it would be more in keeping with my superhero shelf.

A 70s Wolverine would be my first choice (even though he wasn't front & centre in the movie). It'd save me having to buy MMS187 which I've been mulling over for a long time but just can't like that outfit even though it would be more in keeping with my superhero shelf.

Same here, I’ve almost bought him about 8 times already, the suit is fine with me, it’s more of the likeness I have an issue with. I know a lot of people say it looks much better in person though.

tumblr_inline_n2ft6hvYqw1ragh16.gif

As much as I'd love to see Fassbender as Magneto or McAvoy as Xavier I do get the feeling that hot toys will continue putting their money into the mess that was Iron Man 3. :lol

At least Sideshow can do 1/6 COMIC BOOK X-Men figures!

1975 New X-Men 40th Anniversary in 2015!

Toy Biz did not have problem making X-Men movie figures in 2000!

Cool. A bunch of Iron Man questions. I've got the answer to any possible question pertaining to that license - ''Yes, soon (and not like 'Prometheus Soon', the actual meaning of that word 'soon')''

So there you have it, no further questions ever need to be asked of Howard Chan about Iron Man.

Last edited:
Yea, I prefer her version of Mystique over Jennifer Lawrence's.

Considering what we've heard about Marvel not wanting to approve product for the Fox films - I'm not sure how this will play out.

According to Howard they already have the studio(marvel) approval, just have to negotiate with the actors. Probably because marvel owns the toy rights but because the movies are not in house they have no rights to actor likeness due to how the movie studio and marvel have their contract written.

I've heard that Jennifer Lawrence is not giving her approval without a percentage or other compensation. That would mean they would owe two outside license fees for her figure. If that continues to be the trend I don't see a lot of these getting approval and made. Why would you make the figure with a smaller profit margin when there are plenty of others you can make without it.

Back