1/6 Hot Toys - The X-Men License - Interview with Chan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jennifer's Mystique is the only version of the character I would want - not that I didn't like original movies Mystique, but First Class turned her into a much more "real" character for me.

Not holding my breath on any of this, though. I don't expect to see much of anything in the way of X-Men figures from HT.

I just need this

michael-fassbender-x-men-days-of-future-past.jpg

2058424-emma_frost.jpg

e18337a0-9985-11e3-ba66-59f6f8899714_DF-16942Rv6.jpg

Thats all I need to be happy :love

But Lawrence won't be easy with approval and Fox said ALL the actors have to agree or apparently nothing...bizarre

I don't think It's all or nothing, they said that they're already at the planning stage for who they want to make first.

I don't think It's all or nothing, they said that they're already at the planning stage for who they want to make first.

don't hold your breathe- do you really think this line is even in the top ten things HT wants to do?
Howard had "meh" written all over his reply...

According to Howard they already have the studio(marvel) approval, just have to negotiate with the actors. Probably because marvel owns the toy rights but because the movies are not in house they have no rights to actor likeness due to how the movie studio and marvel have their contract written.

I've heard that Jennifer Lawrence is not giving her approval without a percentage or other compensation. That would mean they would owe two outside license fees for her figure. If that continues to be the trend I don't see a lot of these getting approval and made. Why would you make the figure with a smaller profit margin when there are plenty of others you can make without it.

The studio in question is not Marvel but Fox and Marvel still has to approve any product put out that is a license from an X-Men movie. And we've been hearing from other companies that Marvel is not granting those approvals for even comic versions of X-characters.

don't hold your breathe- do you really think this line is even in the top ten things HT wants to do?
Howard had "meh" written all over his reply...

Yea I definitely got that vibe too, but it was the highest grossing superhero film of the year, it made more than Guardians, Cap, and Spidey this year which all have a ton of figures coming, hopefully that'll inspire them to continue with this franchise.

So how does it normally work does the studio act as an intermediary and get the actors to sign off, but even then they Hot Toys has stated that they look to get the actors approval and in some cases when it is not given the figure ends up being canceled case in point Loki from the first Thor Movie and maybe that is what happened to Prometheus and the lone Ranger.

I was always under the impression that they actor has given their permission for their likeness to be used when they signed on to act in the movie so I am not sure why Hot Toys would need their approval.

I am assuming that is will also affect the upcoming Fantastic Four movie I hope not but we will see shame that Hot Toys have not announced that they have acquired that license

So how does it normally work does the studio act as an intermediary and get the actors to sign off, but even then they Hot Toys has stated that they look to get the actors approval and in some cases when it is not given the figure ends up being canceled case in point Loki from the first Thor Movie and maybe that is what happened to Prometheus and the lone Ranger.

I was always under the impression that they actor has given their permission for their likeness to be used when they signed on to act in the movie so I am not sure why Hot Toys would need their approval.

I am assuming that is will also affect the upcoming Fantastic Four movie I hope not but we will see shame that Hot Toys have not announced that they have acquired that license

I think they'll have a much easier time getting time getting approval from the FF cast.

The studio in question is not Marvel but Fox and Marvel still has to approve any product put out that is a license from an X-Men movie. And we've been hearing from other companies that Marvel is not granting those approvals for even comic versions of X-characters.
Well Toys R Us has an X-Men Marvel Legends wave that was just released, and we do have Days of Future Past Minimates coming soon. So, X-Men related merchandise is being released, though maybe not on the order of your Iron Men and Spideys.

I just want a 70's Wolverine... they've already made several figures of him so I would assume Jackman is cool with it.

I don't even think Hot Toys would be interested in making anything other then him based on their track record. I am not sure who else from that movie is likely to be worth making future outfits were kind of different might look cool if you got the whole gang assembled together other then Magneto who wore a costume everybody else was in some form of regular clothing then again Hot Toys is looking to release two Peter Parker figures in regular cloths but I think that is in part to 3rd party companies making these outfits and so why figure why not beat then to it and we can use the same sculpt we already made

I don't even think Hot Toys would be interested in making anything other then him based on their track record. I am not sure who else from that movie is likely to be worth making future outfits were kind of different might look cool if you got the whole gang assembled together other then Magneto who wore a costume everybody else was in some form of regular clothing then again Hot Toys is looking to release two Peter Parker figures in regular cloths but I think that is in part to 3rd party companies making these outfits and so why figure why not beat then to it and we can use the same sculpt we already made

Beast, Mystique, Magneto and maybe even a Sentinel all have a distinct look, Professor X would be cool because he would come with a wheelchair.

They've got to know that Fassbender would pull in quite a bit of money, c'mon, who didn't like that last scene in the stadium?
Both Future Erik and Charles would be big sellers no doubt as well as Beast and Mystique, just because it's not Iron Man doesn't mean it won't make money. :lol

They've got to know that Fassbender would pull in quite a bit of money, c'mon, who didn't like that last scene in the stadium?
Both Future Erik and Charles would be big sellers no doubt as well as Beast and Mystique, just because it's not Iron Man doesn't mean it won't make money. :lol

What movie is that guy from in your sig?

Smart money's gotta be on "you'll never see them". After all, they have the latest repaint of the Mark Boring Iron Man suit to flog off. Again, and again, and again. Then reproduce it in diecast. Then in styrofoam!

Back