1/6 Hot Toys - Sleepy Hollow: Ichabod Crane Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Ht should stop being ADD and do the 3 figures. Ichabod Crane, Hessian Horseman(with skull and Walken head), and Katrina Van Tassel. that would be a completed set.

Difabio blows like the wind.

:lol

I'd love a horseman. No actors rights required. A two pack would have been great.
This doesn't look a lot like Depp, I'm neither a fanboy or hater. It's not a good likeness compared to some previous Depp's, but it's still a must buy because (A) it's from Sleepy Hollow and (B) it's not Iron Man.

Horseman will never happen unless it features heavily in Iron Man 4.

By 'heavily' I mean at least 4 secs screen time.

I still think the likeness is there what is throwing him is his face around cheekbone is to wide and for once on a male figure I think real hair would have made this pop.

Johnny depp has this kinda hair that doesn't render well in resin. Yes the figure is missing the essence but I looked at pics on my phone with pics of depp on computer and there is a good resemblance maybe someone with photo shop can show what I mean.

This is only the proto sculpt, The final sculpt should be much better, I thought Johnny Depp was the one actor HT had nailed, sculpt wise.
I suppose this is the first Depp fig that it actually looks like him in real life kind of. Not with makeup like Sweeney Todd, Jack Sparrow.

This is only the proto sculpt, The final sculpt should be much better, I thought Johnny Depp was the one actor HT had nailed, sculpt wise.
I suppose this is the first Depp fig that it actually looks like him in real life kind of. Not with makeup like Sweeney Todd, Jack Sparrow.

That is the hope! I might buy this in a weak moment.... depending upon what else is releasing at that time. The face has to improve quite a bit for me to bite.

Man. I literally screamed for joy when I saw this announcement. Finally! Although, the sculpt definitely isn’t “there” yet. I’m not giving up hope they may tweak it some but they have had a looooong time to make corrections. I fear this may the pretty close to the final product. Still, a must buy for me. Hope the horseman is on his way.

141107011840745399.jpg

LOOOOLz

they're adapting Tsang's slack work, they cant contain it in the preds alone. ha!

I think it's refreshing that Hot Toys occasionally chooses to do something that isn't a superhero. As for popularity, as others have pointed out, HT markets to other areas of the world besides the US and UK. Maybe Depp has a big Asian following? If it's true that HT has a "master Depp license" and they can make any figure of him from any movie, I have a bad feeling their license is about to become much less lucrative for them soon, as Depp seems to be edging away from his heavy makeup fantasy roles after the last couple have met with mixed reviews. I personally loved Dark Shadows but it wasn't a hit. Now I think he's playing Whitey Bulger (and if Hot Toys gave us a Depp as Whitey Bulger figure I'd just have to laugh.)

I think Walken as the Headless Horsemen could be a much better seller for them than Ichabod Crane. Horror enthusiasts in general would want one whether or not they had seen the movie, and Walken fans would want one too. Even horror fans who don't want a Walken on their shelves would buy it if it had a switch out head. It's a no-brainer I think. Of course this is Hot Toys we're talking about, the company that had the Watchmen license and didn't make a Rorschach, so anything is possible.

I think if anything is stopping HT from making the Horseman it would be the fact that he sort of needs to come with a horse, but a horse would increase the cost greatly and the price might end up dissuading a lot of potential buyers. On the other hand you just can't make him without the horse. So either way HT gets burned, potentially.

I actually do not think he needs a horse…. it would be nice to have but he can stand on his own just as well without it.

I feel like if Hot Toys was itching to do a depp release I think they should have gone with Mad Hatter, Wonka or a proper Edward Scissorhands.

They shouldn't have even bothered with this. If this were going in a retail store it would be called the peg warmer.

WAY too many years late on this, HT....

They shouldn't have even bothered with this. If this were going in a retail store it would be called the peg warmer.

WAY too many years late on this, HT....

This is only up to page 24(much hype) with no more comments, and people are expecting a resculpt when it looks like the same figure they showed 3 years ago with no improvement and the picture above looks like they just used the sweeny todd figure with some modifications. :(

If they do the hessian with horse it might be close to 600 bucks for the set

It's a shame HT nailed the Jack Sparrow likeness, why not this? They should have just recycled that or got the same sculptor.

Back