1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see others showing appreciation for Jyn, even if it's just for a well crafted figure. I find her to be the most tragic character in the entire Saga, much moreso than PT Anakin or TFA Han. Because both Anakin and Han had multiple years of their adult lives where they enjoyed the glory of being a war hero *and* marital bliss. Sure it ended for both of them, but they still both tasted a significant amount of the good life.

Not Jyn. Her life basically ended the day Krennic showed up at the Erso homestead. After that "dying in peace" was basically all that she had to look forward to. No happiness, joy, or glory for her. Her good moments for the latter 20ish years of her life can be measured in seconds. Baze and Chirrut expressing their trust in her, Cassian showing her respect by following her into battle, a poignant little exchange between her and K-2 after she handed him the blaster. And of course a singular embrace with Cassian as they waited for a nuclear blast.

Her reunion with her father, Saw, and the previously mentioned Cassian hug all took place under a cloud of imminent death for one or all parties. And that was as good as it ever got. Obviously she'll always live in the shadow of the OT icons like Han, Luke, and Leia but if I were to rank the characters on straight up heroism I'd have to put her at the very top. She didn't fight because she wanted to preserve any good thing that she had, she fought only because it was the right thing to do and to fulfill the dying wish of a man she was never going to see again.

Glad to see others showing appreciation for Jyn, even if it's just for a well crafted figure. I find her to be the most tragic character in the entire Saga, much moreso than PT Anakin or TFA Han. Because both Anakin and Han had multiple years of their adult lives where they enjoyed the glory of being a war hero *and* marital bliss. Sure it ended for both of them, but they still both tasted a significant amount of the good life.

Not Jyn. Her life basically ended the day Krennic showed up at the Erso homestead. After that "dying in peace" was basically all that she had to look forward to. No happiness, joy, or glory for her. Her good moments for the latter 20ish years of her life can be measured in seconds. Baze and Chirrut expressing their trust in her, Cassian showing her respect by following her into battle, a poignant little exchange between her and K-2 after she handed him the blaster. And of course a singular embrace with Cassian as they waited for a nuclear blast.

Her reunion with her father, Saw, and the previously mentioned Cassian hug all took place under a cloud of imminent death for one or all parties. And that was as good as it ever got. Obviously she'll always live in the shadow of the OT icons like Han, Luke, and Leia but if I were to rank the characters on straight up heroism I'd have to put her at the very top. She didn't fight because she wanted to preserve any good thing that she had, she fought only because it was the right thing to do and to fulfill the dying wish of a man she was never going to see again.
In my headcanon, the Ghost picks them up in the last second. [emoji28]

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

I hear you but they really didn't leave the door open for that did they, lol. No ambiguity with their passing, we literally watched them getting consumed in nuclear fire!
Yeah... I've seen worse retcons. I allow myself this little one. [emoji57]

At the expo, it read "Shipping August-September".

Not long now !!!

Cyber Crystal necklace is certainly a new addition to the already pretty large amount of accessories. :yess:

star-wars-rogue-one-jyn-erso-deluxe-version-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902919-10.jpg

star-wars-rogue-one-jyn-erso-deluxe-version-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902919-14-2.jpg

Yeah, poor thing had to put up living with young Anakin for 10 years under the same roof while he practiced his pick up lines.

Good stuff. :lol

Shmi died tragically but still had 10 years of being happily married as a free woman while raising another (adopted) son. And she got to die thinking that Anakin was this awesome heroic Jedi. Jyn just had a tragic life period.

Or...

She was rescued, changed her name to Jan Ors, and her adventures are yet to be told...

So many display options....

I think I'm starting with the shawl look. Like that one the most.

Then second will be the hat with goggles.

It's funny. Usually when I check Budget Stark's channel and he has stuff listed for whichever quarter, they always seem to come out early. But a figure I'm now looking forward to seems to take all kinds of time to come out.

Back