1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only reason not to make Cassian is if there's some problem with the likeness rights. I'd buy him in a heartbeat. Making K2 and not Cassian is just wrong.

No one in Star Wars really has a bland design. Every character has a specific look and purpose. Except maybe Jar Jar, because... well, he's Jar Jar.

I'd buy a Jar Jar if they made some. But he has to come with a magnetic poopy for him to step on, or no sale.

I may cancel this one as I've decided I will basically have no space but for anything OT. She's a great design but also can come across as just a military looking fig due to the color palette of her outfit.

The ID outfit clearly screams Star Wars but as she was the last Rogue One figure I was planning on getting, she'll now have nobody to go with. Krennic would have been a good one to pair her up with. Krennic/Tarkin reveal at SDCC would have been such a great combo.

I think the moment when I knew I needed a Jyn figure was when she casually shot that stormtrooper in the Jedha fight.

I may cancel this one as I've decided I will basically have no space but for anything OT. She's a great design but also can come across as just a military looking fig due to the color palette of her outfit.

The ID outfit clearly screams Star Wars but as she was the last Rogue One figure I was planning on getting, she'll now have nobody to go with. Krennic would have been a good one to pair her up with. Krennic/Tarkin reveal at SDCC would have been such a great combo.
You're making a mistake! She represents hope. She represents all the fallen Rebels who made the OT story possible. She is the mother of Rogue Squadron!

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

I do feel like Jyn is going to be lonely on her own but I like the look of the figure. Maybe I'll get K2SO to display with her at some point.

For my part, if I get no other Rogue One figure, Vader not withstanding, Jyn will be enough.

Her presence alone represents the entirety of the film. She's the driving force behind the plot and embodies the heart of the rebel alliance by the films end. Sure, Krennic, Galen, Cassian, K-2SO, Chirrut, Baze, Bodhi and some of the troopers would make great companion pieces. But it always comes back to Jyn.

Jyn doesn't need any team members surrounding her anymore than Captain America needs to be displayed with Howling Commandos. Cassian is missed mainly because we do have K-2. But Jyn is just fine on her own.

Nothing really interesting about Cassian though. His character design is pretty bland tbh.

True this is pretty bland....

4c67cd531f7002decddc4fcf7415c6ff.jpg

I like the Mark III, personally. The Ultron final battle suit (yes, I have no clue what number it is, lol) is cool too. The rest are entirely forgettable, with the exception of the Mark I and the Mark V briefcase suit.

I generally prefer clothed figures to armoured or robotic. They're more satisfying when you open the box, and afford more opportunities for display.

That's not to say I don't love my armoured and robotic Star Wars figures.

I think a Cassian would make a fine figure on display. When I first saw the photo above on the iPad it made me think of a Hoth Rebel - which I hope HT will tackle some day as both grunt and commander.

Back