1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: ASSAULT TANK COMMANDER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: TANK COMMANDER

Doesn't mean that they still couldn't have driven AT-ST's on Hoth.

The gear they wear makes perfect sense that they would have driven the AT-ST's aswell.

"perfect sense' means nothing in the Star Wars universe. :lol

You know they have a different driver for every vehicle imaginable... because of toys.

"perfect sense' means nothing in the Star Wars universe. :lol

You know they have a different driver for every vehicle imaginable... because of toys.

Well I realise that there are AT-ST drivers in Return of the Jedi but I doubt they would be driving the AT-ST's in Empire Strikes Back as what they wear would be too cold for Hoth.

Then again AT-AT Commanders have a similar uniform and they are in the AT-AT's on Hoth. LOL! :lol

I doubt the armored suits aren't temperature controlled... sorry for the double negative. The armor IS temperature controlled, so Drivers in cold-weather gear make no sense unless they're getting out to change a ... foot.

I mean, if suits weren't temp-controlled, and if there were no heaters in any vehicles, then TIE pilots wouldn't last long.

I doubt the armored suits aren't temperature controlled... sorry for the double negative. The armor IS temperature controlled, so Drivers in cold-weather gear make no sense unless they're getting out to change a ... foot.

I mean, if suits weren't temp-controlled, and if there were no heaters in any vehicles, then TIE pilots wouldn't last long.

Maybe the AT-AT Drivers outfits are temp controlled though.

They are on Hoth afterall and they may need to hop out of the AT-AT if it breaks down, etc.

Although not seen on film but in the Hasbro big AT-AT and I think in one of the cross section books the AT-AT also has a speederbike in the back of it so the AT-AT Driver may also be required to ride that around too.

No, I agree, that was my point. I believe the suits are temperature controlled -- so the fact they are on Hoth makes no difference to them. They aren't necessarily wearing those suits because of snow...

It's because of toys.

The AT-AT drivers obviously have some sort of environmental control due to their helmet and chest gear, but I imagine this is standard Imperial pilot gear for large vehicles. I'm guessing the only part of the driver's outfit that is for cold weather are the boots and maybe the gloves, just incase they actually have to get outside for various reasons. If I remember right, the ROTJ version of the big Hasbro AT-AT came with boots that matched AT-ST drivers, just standard Imperial boots. Of course we never see the driver in ROTJ, but it makes sense to me. This is also true of the pilot gear Luke has between ANH and ESB. He has standard black gloves and boots in ANH, but on Hoth he has the winter boots and gloves, everything else is the same aside from the jacket Luke has over the pilot jumpsuit.

Last edited:

No, I agree, that was my point. I believe the suits are temperature controlled -- so the fact they are on Hoth makes no difference to them. They aren't necessarily wearing those suits because of snow...

It's because of toys.

Wasn't there an article that Lucas's mindset is always based on toys?

Yes, the design for the toys to max merch was around long before Disney was involved, regardless of what the Star Wars fans who jumped on with TFA think. :lol

Yes, the design for the toys to max merch was around long before Disney was involved, regardless of what the Star Wars fans who jumped on with TFA think. :lol

That's without a question. George made a fortune just on toys. Smart move, it was.

I'm not sure why I keep coming back to this one. Perhaps it's the cool looking helmet and I that I did like the scene he was in. May end up picking him up if he goes on sale.

He is something between OT stormies and new Shoretrooper. At least that makes him likable for me.

Came back to this one again. I'll definitely pick it up if it's released. The design has further grown on me. Would look great displayed with the Jedha 2-pack or with the Shore Trooper.

The helmet design on this and Shoretrooper were very similar to a tossed design from TFA. I'd probably have more than the one lonely duck trooper if TFA went with a style like this.

According to Art of Rogue One the Tank Commander design was early concept for Krennics Deathtroopers.

And they decided not to use the design until George said he liked it. Then they made sure to give it to another trooper (Tank Commander.)

Looks nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back