1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: ASSAULT TANK COMMANDER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: TANK COMMANDER

Never noticed his little sad face on the smaller Hasbro fig or in the trailer..

:rotfl I just saw that! I'll never be able to un-see it!

I do like all the trooper designs so far, but I'm going to resist.

The helmet and armor, while looking worn, seem kind of chunky and not clean cut lines or something. I guess I looked at the design illustrations for this helmet too much and they are really clean, smooth angles and curves. Something was immediately off and disappointing for me when I saw this picture.

The helmet and armor, while looking worn, seem kind of chunky and not clean cut lines or something. I guess I looked at the design illustrations for this helmet too much and they are really clean, smooth angles and curves. Something was immediately off and disappointing for me when I saw this picture.

He's supposed to have heavier armor than most troopers because he literally sits with his torso on up sticking out of a tank.

He's supposed to have heavier armor than most troopers because he literally sits with his torso on up sticking out of a tank.

That wasn't what I was talking about. I like the film design.. something with the figure itself is off. I spent too much time looking at this

tanktrooper-star-wars-Rogue-one-3d-printable-helmet-by-do3d-com-black-white-1.jpg

I do have to say I like the designs of the troopers with the pants. I guess its refreshing to have something somewhat different from the redesigned Stormtrooper armor (which comes across a little cosplay looking compared to the OT troops).

These look great, I love the wide vent look on these helmets and the Shoretroopers, very reminiscent of some of the F.O Stormtrooper concept and wish they would have went in that direction rather than what they did.

While cool I'm sorry to say this doesn't look like an Imperial OT trooper to me. If it was all white armor maybe.

How would all white armor make it look Imperial? These aren't Stormtroopers. :slap

I like the look of the armor, though I'm not a fan of the heavy weathering. The helmet reminds me a bit of the Imperial Guard helmet.
I might get this sometime down the road but since I ordered the very similar Shoretooper today, I'm a little less interested in getting the Tank Trooper.

I don't get why they needed a Tank Trooper or Shore Trooper for that matter. I mean why not have the AT-AT driver drive a tank too? And a normal storm trooper can fight in the woods, desert, or beach, just not the icy tundra. Too many variants = Disney wants money.

I don't get why they needed a Tank Trooper or Shore Trooper for that matter. I mean why not have the AT-AT driver drive a tank too? And a normal storm trooper can fight in the woods, desert, or beach, just not the icy tundra. Too many variants = Disney wants money.

AT-AT Drivers don't even drive AT-STs in the OT, so why the **** would they drive a hovertank?

AT-AT Drivers don't even drive AT-STs in the OT, so why the **** would they drive a hovertank?

In that case AT-ST drivers, they would handle hover tank if they can handle mech. Just let's be honest here. Many variants are just silly and exist just for the sake of more merchandise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At first I thought that trooper left behind Vader had mirror sunglasses on !

I still can't seem to like the standard troopers though compared to the HT Original Trilogy versions. Must be the original version is burned into my subconscious "feeling" of what looks right, and what doesn't.

Vader does look great (with lightsaber). Just that codpiece. But enough has been said about that. It actually looks well "tucked back" in this picture.

Could just imagine Vader's mum saying "Tuck in that codpiece Darth !".

More brown pants....

View attachment 305199

View attachment 305201

Pics from maker's World.

Unionised labour force...

I would have liked the driver from the rebel series. IMG_0346.jpg

In that case AT-ST drivers, they would handle hover tank if they can handle mech. Just let's be honest here. Many variants are just silly and exist just for the sake of more merchandise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its always been like this way before Disney as anyone who has watched any Star Wars movies can tell you.

The first three Star Wars films provided enough variations for all circumstances barring some other extreme environment, such as a heavy Spacetrooper.

Everything else is just an exercise in merchandising, which is to be expected.

If each new film is going to unveil new designs then the Imperial forces are going to be overloaded with costly and unnecessary outfits dictating very specific duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back