1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the main cast are largely repeating the same stories we've heard for years, the doc features basically everyone they could find from the production--i.e. most of the bit parts--and those people all have some pretty amusing anecdotes that are all new to me. So far it's well worth the price of admission, in my opinion.
I'm absolutely loving it so far. The thing that caught me out the most is I never realized that Murphy was sent to that precinct on purpose as a candidate for RoboCop.
I've heard the line "We've restructured the police department with some good candidates." nearly 100 times and it never clicked. Maybe because 99% of my viewing was done when I was 11 lol.

Some pictures to see the colour differences with Endoskeleton such a bad figure the HT’s Terminator was, cheap light weight plastic.

Attachments

• IMG_0154.jpeg
    IMG_0154.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0156.jpeg
    IMG_0156.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0180.jpeg
    IMG_0180.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0182.jpeg
    IMG_0182.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0184.jpeg
    IMG_0184.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0185.jpeg
    IMG_0185.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
And you've not touched the main armour sections, you've only dulled down the black parts, right?

Not bad. I can't believe how severely that initial sideshow video misrepresented it. Idiots. ''As the very first reveal, lets do a video that appears to confirm people's specific worst case fears about the figure''

Yes, it's not on the level of a Dark Spidey repaint, but it is at least better than the old one. Sideshow managed to make it look exactly the same if not worse.

Last edited:
And you've not touched the main armour sections, you've only dulled down the black parts, right?

Not bad. I can't believe how severely that initial sideshow video misrepresented it. Idiots. ''As the very first reveal, lets do a video that appears to confirm people's specific worst case fears about the figure''

Yes, it's not on the level of a Dark Spidey repaint, but it is at least better than the old one. Sideshow made it look exactly the same if not worse.
They might not have been aware that this is something the customer base cares about until they heard it in response to the video. They can't be neck deep in every single fandom, and RoboCop is a niche property, right? And the last figure came out ten years ago--most of the people working there now probably didn't work there last time.

Yes, it's not on the level of a Dark Spidey repaint, but it is at least better than the old one. Sideshow managed to make it look exactly the same if not worse.
The main armour looks like it's had a matt black wash over it. It's lost some of the gloss and there's build up in the crevices.

I mean to be fair, it's not like they intentionally made it look like that. That's how the figure looks in that lighting scenario. They didn't rub their hands together, twirl their mustache and say let's make this figure look bad. :lol It's the lighting setup they use for every single Hot Toys unboxing video. Why should Robocop get the special treatment?
n8K8CPx.png

EVkF428.png

0AbfCJf.png

Last edited:
They might not have been aware that this is something the customer base cares about until they heard it in response to the video. They can't be neck deep in every single fandom, and RoboCop is a niche property, right? And the last figure came out ten years ago--most of the people working there now probably didn't work there last time.

I mean to be fair, it's not like they intentionally made it look like that. That's how the figure looks in that lighting scenario. They didn't rub their hands together, twirl their mustache and say let's make this figure look bad. :lol It's the lighting setup they use for every single Hot Toys unboxing video. Why should Robocop get the special treatment in the lighting department?

6W2GSyl.gif

I’ve dulled the black and put some grey wash around the crevices to try and get rid of the new cheap toy look.
Kevin’s Robocop is a miles better colour and blows this figure out of the water but if anybody wants to be picky even that colour is not right to 1987 film

Last edited:
So it does seem SS's white lighting didn't help. He is not THAT devoid of purple and blue hues.

Not like we have much choice anyways, figure is still waitlisted and pretty much sold out at other retailers too.

Even the colour of the suit from the 1987 original film changed in different lighting.
In this deleted scene the chest plate looks more silver.

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpeg
    IMG_0192.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0190.jpeg
    IMG_0190.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0189.jpeg
    IMG_0189.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 0
I’m not as obsessive as a lot of you I guess. To me the figure looks good. Color and all. Looks like it varies depending on lighting conditions which doesn’t seem all that odd to me.
From some of the pics it looks very good, others not so much, but you wouldn't be happy with Chromocop, that was seriously bad.

I think what sticks out to me now is the face paint, it seems tanned and hides the features and details. Like the picture above shows, Weller was more pale in comparison.

Back