1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So to summarize your point:

So you don't like complaining, unless its complaining about something you think its worth complaining about. Then you say the figure has seams in the hair that are "ugly", "lazy" and "unnecessary". But hey there are a 'few' people here who would always find something to complain about, cause....maturity.

:slap Your post will forever haunt me now when I gaze upon this figure.

Haha, did you miss my post summarizing his obnoxious post? Looks like we both saw the irony in his rant. :lol

I'm undecided if this or the Justice League Wonder Woman thread is worse. It may actually be a tie.
Lol yeah this thread is getting out of hand. I guess what we should all remember is that we're arguing over the equivalent of a, dare I say it, a doll. A very expensove doll nonetheless, but still a doll.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lol yeah this thread is getting out of hand. I guess what we should all remember is that we're arguing over the equivalent of a, dare I say it, a doll. A very expensove doll nonetheless, but still a doll.

Well, yeah:cool:, but for me I kinda view these dolls/action figures/polystone as a captured moment in time, in 3D. Part of comic history in 3D. IMO Hot Toys and other companies do some amazing stuff, at scale.

Unfortunately don't think I'm the customer HT caters to, except maybe the diecast stuff. E.g. think HT knows a lot of customers will overturn their figs for the next release...but except for an emergency I keep my figs. Plus Evans is leaving the MCU (probably:monkey3). So esp. with this look - even if Cap wasn't in the movie that much - we've got this Cap and maybe 1,2 more film Evans film Caps and guess that's it, except maybe "commemorative" versions. Heck, I'd even sourced an old Predator jungle stand months ago specifically for this Cap$$$$.

Well, there's enough pics even on the 'bay now of parted out figs to get a good look besides reviews and folks can decide.

Well, yeah:cool:, but for me I kinda view these dolls/action figures/polystone as a captured moment in time, in 3D. Part of comic history in 3D. IMO Hot Toys and other companies do some amazing stuff, at scale.

Unfortunately don't think I'm the customer HT caters to, except maybe the diecast stuff. E.g. think HT knows a lot of customers will overturn their figs for the next release...but except for an emergency I keep my figs. Plus Evans is leaving the MCU (probably:monkey3). So esp. with this look - even if Cap wasn't in the movie that much - we've got this Cap and maybe 1,2 more film Evans film Caps and guess that's it, except maybe "commemorative" versions. Heck, I'd even sourced an old Predator jungle stand months ago specifically for this Cap$$$$.

Well, there's enough pics even on the 'bay now of parted out figs to get a good look besides reviews and folks can decide.
Yeah I feel the same way. I always have a very difficult time letting figures go once they're in my collection. Each one holds their value in time. I've actually ever only sold 1 figure throughout the 3 years i've been in this hobby and that was because the Ebay seller had said it was new when it was clearly not.

UIzgXHK.jpg

LOL

Well, one can argue these are dolls and I wouldn't disagree. However, I do indeed like to come and discuss figures on this forum.

Hey guys! Just posted my review and unboxing of the IW cap! Let me know what you think!

Thanks for the review Justin. However, when you discuss how much the figure looks like Chris Evans from certain angles, my wife was shaking her head saying the likeness was not there, and I am in agreement. My wife and I for a time had an art studio, and I often made custom figures. While I would be satisfied for sure with my sculpting skills if that were my headsculpt, I would also acknowledge I was unable to duplicate the likeness.

It should be noted I still think this is a very good figure, like Loki. But this is another figure we disgree on (similar to how much we differ in our view that JL Wonder Woman looks like Gal Gadot.)

Great review Justin. Personally I think you’re right to be positive about the sculpt.

Have to admit I would like to hear more comments about the costume itself as I feel that’s the weakest part of the figure. A one-piece grey plastic star instead of a dirted-up white star just isn’t right... Also when you compare it to pics from the film the entire suit (particularly the abs section) doesn’t look like it’s been dirtied - but instead it looks like they’ve just chosen a dirtier colour palette.

Back